chapter two

CRYSTAL AURA

My best friend Jade is picking me up and we are going swimming. Ugh my God it's hot here today in Alexandria Virginia. Talking about 90 degrees! Jesus. I put on my black bikini and put a tank top and shorts over it and packed up a towel sunscreen and some water. I figured Jade's got the snacks lol

I heard a honk and I looked out my window to see that it was Jade that pulled in the driveway. I grabbed my purse keys and phone and locked up my apartment and jumped in the car with Jade. "Hey how are you?" She said as she gave me a hug.

"Pfft. Sweating my ass off apparently, but good!" I replied. We both laughed and drove to the beach.

On our way to the beach our favorite song came on the radio. 'In The End' by Linkin Park. So we both decided to sing.

"IVE TRIED SO HARD AND GOT SO FAR BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER I HAVE TO FALL TO LOSE IT ALL BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER!"

Well Jade and I got to the beach. We decided to tan first. I helped her set up an umbrella and stuck it in the sand and set out our towels and dug out the sunscreen. "Ummm, Jade?" I said. "Yes Crystal?"

"You can keep secrets, right?"

Jade crossed her fingers and said, "Yes absolutely. You have my word." She promised.

"Ok good. Well, I.... Shit. Um..... *Dammit Crystal just say it* I see ghosts."

There was a long awkward silence for a while. Awkwarrrrd....

"Um, you say you see ghosts? Like what do you mean?" Jade chuckled nervously as she brushed her red hair out of her face.

"I mean that I can see ghosts." I sighed as I dabbed on some sunscreen on my face. "Like I hear voices, feel their presence, stuff like that."

Jade cocked her head. "Huh." She said as she rubbed her chin with her thumb and pointer finger.

"Well I mean I'm glad you told me. But to be quite honest I've never seen or encountered any ghosts. Not that I know of anyway." Jade shrugged and lied out in the sun.

"Uhhhhhh......." I tried not to chuckle.

"Why do you say that?" Jade said suspiciously.

"Well there have been times that I've seen a ghost follow you, of course obviously I didn't say nothing, but yes you do have a ghost that seems to follow you. A lot." I said as I watched her sun bake.

"Oh that's just great, someone's stalking me. A dead person." Jade said sarcastically.

"Ya basically." I laughed. "Hey maybe he, the ghost fancies you."

Jade sighed and laughed.

"Oh come on now don't be silly."

I shrugged and we continued to sun bake.

Well at least I told her my secret. Phew.