chapter three

JADE

Crystal and I swam for a couple hours then we went back to my place to hang out. "Hey can we stop at Circle K to get a drink?" Crystal asked. I smiled as I got in the next lane. "Sure." I said so I pulled into a nearest circle k and we went and grabbed polar pops. Me a root beer and Crystal a Dr pepper.

"Don't you believe in ghosts or spirits Jade?" Crystal asked seeming concerned and I nearly spat out my drink.

"No I do," I said as I pulled into my driveway. "It's just that I didn't think it's possible to see them."

Crystal nodded. "I hear ya. Well not all of them are bad you know. There's good ones too."

I sighed a sigh of relief.

"Thank God. Can we fucking get some sage just in case there is any bad ghosts?" I said sounding like I was joking but I was actually somewhat serious.

Crystal laughed.

"Sure. We can get ya some sage so you don't have to worry bout the bad ghosties." She said as I unlocked the door and I stuck out my ass and she swiftly kicked it.

"Welcome to my humble abode." I said as I dropped my shit.

Crystal plopped down on the couch and moaned.

"Ah yes home sweet home." She whispered with her eyes shut. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "So on a serious note, tell me about this ghost that follows me."

Crystal sat up and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Ok. Well first let me say that he was around your age, six foot tall, light brown hair, blue eyes and he was so into football. His name was Gerry. He died some weeks ago. He had gotten into an accident with a drunk driver."

I gasped and clapped my hand to my mouth.

Crystal nodded and she continued.

"Yeah so but before all that shit happened he was trying to get into college for football but his parents didn't have enough money to help him out. He was single, like you."

I shook my head. That poor guy.

"Wow. And then to have his life taken away by a drunk ass driver. Poor guy!" I said sounding like I was close to tears.

Crystal rubbed my back and agreed. The guy was so young too he could have had a bright future.