Ch 1. Partners in Pact

BLAAARGH!- BLERGH!- Aghk! A young blonde man in black hoodie jacket and white armor coughs loudly as he vomits into the nearby trash bin after a trip from the city of Vale to this prestigious of an academy, Beacon. His entire air trip doesn't seem to be in his favor with the whole motion sickness going on with him, from his hometown to Vale and from Vale to Beacon Academy.

Truly, he is not having a great time with airships at all...... that also includes the only 'associate' he known coming along with him.

"Oi! Keep your disgusting spittle of vomits away from me! I don't need your damned weakness for air travel splattered all over me!"

"Sorry,-" he mumbles as he was cut off by his cough, letting small remaining vomit that made their way to his throat out into the bin, pushing the sheathed sword on his left hip behind his leg abit as he kept holding the lip of the bin to cough out some more and clears his throat. He sighs "Sorry... can't really help it.." He said as he straightened his posture.

"Hmph, it still baffles me how the only son in the family of a soldier....or as you all humans called it "huntsmen/huntresses"....is but only a wimp of a man. Never thought this one to be so needy, but with how you're looking right now? I expected it."

"Hey!" He scowl in annoyance, loud enough to gain some attention to people near him, some looked at him in surprise and curiosity. He notice this as he turns around and mutters some apologize, rubbing the back of his head before looking back at the wall in front of him. "Motion sickness is one thing, the other one is the whole reason I wanted to get into Beacon" He replies in whispers to the wall as he is still trying to regain his breath from the vomit earlier.

A voice hummed in his head as if nodding in thought.
"While I say battling those dark creatures head on would be much more fruitful for experience.... and much more exciting, perhaps the academy wasn't too bad either. After all, that would mean more things to fight..!"

The voice slowly chuckles then goes full on cackling out loud, unheard by those around the young teen.

"Oh, Shar! Just imagining it, already gave me the thrill of battle! The taste of blood, sweat, and tears of our enemies! Don't throw away this chance as I approve your dedication, Jaune Arc. A perfect opportunity for the both of us!"

The voice continue to laugh abit more, the teen that is called Jaune Arc can only sigh mentally to his... sword's manic personality and questionable tendencies. While he only partially agree on what his weapon, Crocea Mors said on this whole thing, it still bewilders him how everything goes after the day he and this 'associate' of his met.

It only started 2 weeks ago...

-----------------------------

2 Weeks ago...

Jaune sighs as he exit his household through the back door, it was 4:45 AM in the morning as he sneaks out for his autodidactic training somewhere in the forest wearing his armor that was used while proving his worth to become a huntsman. He had made and sent his forged transcript for his application to Beacon Academy, to pursue his dream of becoming a Huntsman, a hero of the people against the forces of darkness. Yet he couldn't feel more nervous, anticipating the future outcome, would he be accepted or denied? What would he do IF he did got accepted? IF he got denied? It shudders him and bring gloom to his mood to think things that is yet to happen.

Losing deep in thought of possibilities made him wander to the wooded area outside his town felt much more quicker than usual. Soon enough, he was snapped out of his thoughts as he reached a clearing, a spot where he trains himself until before the time he supposed to wake up. No one except occasional town guard patrol, local huntsmen, (and him) would be wandering outside the town during this time, so he should be safe since there is barely any Grimm wandering around this part, and unnoticed as long as he is calm, focused mainly on his training.