Ch 3. Beacon of Trouble

Pyrrha Nikos, a red head girl garbed in bronze and brown Mistralian armor, jumps off the branch she was standing on and rushes into the depths of the forest with her red sash on her hips flowing behind her.

She's worried that she might've hurt someone while in the process of helping said someone, she was never been really good when it comes to people, interacting with people and all that. And all because of her status as "The pride of Mistral"..

She shakes her thoughts away from her head, she needed to focus her training and objective to become a huntress. That's what she destined to be, she thought. Arriving at a particular tree, she begin to slow down and approach the tree, looking up. "Jaune?"

The blonde boy she met earlier in the locker room, Jaune Arc is his name, seems to be muttering angrily to himself? Before he looks down and saw her standing there with her arm crossed below him in his pinned to the tree position. "Do you...-" She noticed Jaune narrowing his eyes and furrows his brow for a second, did she accidently hurt him? "-have any spots left on your team?" The question continued out of her mouth.

He averts his eyes from her and frowns, crossing his arms. "Very funny." He then looks back down to see her still standing there and give her a smile, of which she returns. He tilts his head to the side, motioning towards Miló that pinned his hoodie above his head, still smiling, "Can I get down please?"

Pyrrha widens her eyes as she quickly reach her hand out towards the spear with it suddenly pulled off of him into her hand, in the process made him fall to the ground face first. "I'm so sorry!" Now she certainly just hurt him, she approaches him to help as he begin to get up still smiling anyway despite the dirt, branch, and leaf on his face and spitting grass to the side.

"Don't worry, I've had worse." He replies waving her concern off, dusting himself off of the dirt and things, rubbing his face with his forearm. He sighs and looks at her, "I guess we're partners now?

She nods, "It would seems so" she stores her Miló back with Akoúo on her back, corresponding in alignment of her emblem. "It's a pleasure to be along side you, Jaune!" She smiles politely to him.

"Yeah, same." He smiles confidently. He then looks around into the surrounding forest and furrows his brows with uncertainty, "Um, so where are we going exactly?"

"We need to go to the northern side of the forest, and we should also keep moving." She could hear the distant commotion somewhere in the forest, could be the other students and their landing strategies or something else.

"Right.." Jaune watches her grabbing his Miló and Akoúo from her back, arming herself in preparation for threats that soon to come. Loudly gulping, he follows behind her as she looks back at him, beckoning him to follow with her in the lead.

-----------------------------------------

"Partners? I don't see why she would be helpful to us in our goal."

'Well.... It's one of the requirements right? She's also nice, heck she saved me from falling to my death.'

The Crocea Mors is going on again with the whole trust issue deal, honestly he would consider it a miracle and it somehow trust him enough to bestow magic to him, a thing from folktales and comic books, brought to reality of which he now wields.

They continue to walk down amongst the trees, towards the northern side of the forest. While he is not entirely sure which way is which, he could ask the sword for a spell that could direct him towards a destination, he did once and it refused saying something like "I'm not library" or pointed out that he should've bring a compass instead of asking every little things to it. In hindsight, maybe he should've bring a compass.