Ch 2. The Perfect Opportunity

"The thing with motion sickness, is that it is so much more common that people let on!"

Jaune complains with a bit of frustration visible on his face, while another voice, feminine laughs in response to his rant. A young girl garbed in black longsleeved blouse and red hooded cape with a rather distinctive silver eyes walked along side him as they converse with each other now in Beacon.

"I'm sorry, it's just that vomit boy is the first thing that came up to my mind." The girl, Ruby she introduced herself, gives a small laugh. And much to Jaune's annoyance, he could hear the sword said "Very true" in the back of his head.

"Well, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue.. ladies love it!" He proudly introduce himself with a grin, it quickly devolves as Ruby gives him a skeptical look "Do they?". It turns into a frown as the other voice snickers. "They will!" He exclaims with a not-so-much proud grin, that quickly turns into a nervous smile, "Well I-I hope they will. My mom always says that....never mind" It morphs back into a frown.

"Ain't much of a charmer either hmm?"

Jaune can't help but glowers at the sword in it's scabbard, 'Shut up, you're not helpi-'. His thoughts were interrupted as he saw Ruby pulling out something from behind the cape she's wearing, "So...I got this thing!" She smiles as she excitedly pulls out a box that suddenly transform into a freaking scythe that stabs the ground at it's point beside her! Creating a hole in the ground with a visible crack.

"Whoa!" Surprised, Jaune can't help but involuntarily steps back. "Is that a scythe?" He asks with wide eyes at the size of this weapon, comparing it to Ruby's size that is the wielder.
She nods, "Yep!" with a pop, "It's also a customizable high-caliber sniper rifle!" She lift the scythe up surprisingly easily as she clicked a button and it transforms again, folding the blade of the weapon in, turning it into some kind of a firearm.

"A-wha??" Jaune blinks several times and raised an eyebrow, confused while he begin to steps back closer. Oddly, he could hear a tired sigh coming from Crocea Mors and muttering something he couldn't hear. Ruby smiles as she cocks the firearm, "It's also a gun."

"Oh, that's cool!" He replies with a nod, he eyes his sword wanting to ask a question-

"So what you've got?" Ruby asks, also eyeing the sword in it's scabbard on Jaune's belt. "Oh!" His attention goes back to Ruby that is looking at his sword, "I, uh..." He begin to unsheath the sword off it's place. "I got this sword!" He lift the sword up and show it to her, the gentle vibration and that feeling of connection appears the moment his hand grips the handle. Ruby on the other hand, seems interested at the sword's design with an audible "oooh!"

"Yeah, and I've got this shield too!" He then takes the scabbard off his belt and raises his hand holding the scabbard and presses a button, expanding it into a shield with the signature Arc family crest on the front.

"What do they do?" She asks as she reaches out her hand towards the shield and touch it, instantly the shield flew out of Jaune's hand. Shocked, Jaune moves to catch it with it fumbling on his hand, switching between scabbard and shield before he finally catches it and put it back on his belt. Letting out a sigh, he turns back to Ruby with a nervous smile, "The shield gets smaller. So when I get tired carrying it, I can just....put it away" He explains.

"But wouldn't it weigh the same?" Ruby asks with a raised eyebrow, Jaune could only slumps his shoulder down with another sigh. "Yeah, it does.... But hey!" He brightens up excitedly as he lift his sword up. "I can-!"

"DON'T TELL HER!"

The sword shakes violently as it almost fumbles out of Jaune's hand with the addition of Jaune yelping in surprise with wide eyes hearing the voice shout loudly at him mentally. "Whoa!" He catches it with both hands and tries to steady himself, still wide eyed with his heart hammering as if threatening to come out of his chest from the sheer volume of the shout. He stood there in silence, breathing heavily, beads of cold sweat appearing on his forehead.