Ep 3 ~ I'll take care of you.

One time when me and Jungwoo were around 17, I had invited him to my house. He had been to my house before, and that day after greeting my mom, we decided to head to my bedroom. Well, we were chatting on my bed, playing and goofing around as usual, when suddenly, for some reason, Jungwoo randomly tickled me.

Me being super ticklish, I launched into a fit of giggles, my hands going limp as I failed to protect myself from his tickle attacks. After a few seconds, I gained a sense of myself, attacking him at the vital points. This was when I learnt Jungwoo was just as ticklish as I am, as he erupted into laughter, falling on my bed. He attacked each other, flinching at the slightest movement and using pillows to defend ourselves, until eventually we got so carried away, we ended up rolling together onto the floor.

I clearly remember how shocked I was, how rapidly my heart was beating as I was squished under the pressure of his body, blushing at the feeling of his breath on my cheeks. It was when I was reminded of Jungwoo's attractiveness, how I desired someone like him. No- how I desired just him. We stayed in that position for a few seconds, both of us startled until my mom barged into my room, flinging the door open with a platter of snacks in her hand.

"Hey kids, I have some-" My mom gasped upon seeing us, her face breaking into amusement as she placed the snack platter on my bedside table. "How about we keep the door open?" My mom sneakingly suggesting before scurrying out of the room, causing both of us to grow red in embarrassment. Immediately, Jungwoo rolled off of me.

"Jungwoo has a girlfriend mom!" I yelled, cringing in humiliation as she left. After that I avoided eye contact with Jungwoo, the rest of our hangout being very awkward as our interactions grew stiff.

Upon remembering this story, I burst out laughing, getting up from my bed with my stomach sore.

That's when I realised I was being stupid, and I should just confront Jungwoo with my feelings.

I say that, but my stomach churned in nervousness as I thought about the possible outcomes, one of them being our ruined friendship.

"I'll see how I feel tomorrow." I spoke aloud, getting up to continue with my day.

----

It was the late in the evening when I was curled up in my pyjamas on my couch, eyes swelling at the romantic love scene on TV. I clutched weakly onto my fuzzy blankets, heart warm as the two leaned into each other's embrace, lips barely brushing up against each other.

"Ah, so cute!" I cheered, rubbing my eyes as I watched my favourite ship with a proud smile on my face. As the scene progressed, my face grew hot, pausing the scene as I caught my breath. "Wow, so spicy." I blushed at the progression of the scene, closing my TV for the day.

BEEP! BEEEEEEEP!

As if on time the doorbell to my apartment suddenly rang, leading me to check my doorway. I pressed the button for the mic, before firmly asking who it was.

Instead of getting an actual response, a slur of my name just rang through the line, and my face immediately softened as I realised who it was.

Of course. After Lia told me to grow some balls, she mentioned she was going drinking tonight.

Quickly, I grabbed my keys and unlocked my sturdy apartment door, before locking it again as I swiftly scurried down the stairs to the entrance. I opened the main door, shocked to see who it really was

Kim Jungwoo, in all his glory, drunk and sweaty with flushed cheeks.

"Jungwoo? What are you doing here? You never get drunk!" I exclaimed, only receiving a slur of uncertainty. Concerned, I did my best to help lift him up, serving as a support as I tried to help him to my home.

"Aera, Aera, Aera..." Jungwoo repeated sluggishly, as we were nearing closer to my apartment.

"Just a few more steps, then you can rest, ok?"

"Aera..." Jungwoo sung, before quickly falling limp in my arms. Panicked, I looked down, struggling to heave him up as his eyes fluttered shut.

Ah, he's passed out.

As we finally reached my apartment, I double-locked the front door, taking him to my bedroom. Gently, I placed him onto the wooden floor of my bedroom, as I changed the sheets of my bed to fresh ones. The fresh ones were minimal in pattern and colour, with a soft linen smell, my favourite detergent scent. After rushing to my bathroom, I took some facial cleanser, quickly cleaning his face and hands clean. I used his favourite cleanser, the one he stole from me whenever he visited.

As I finished, I picked an oversized grey shirt from my closet, as well as some loose chequered pants I had laying around, ones that were trendy at the moment. I'm pretty sure these were his clothes, which I just borrowed. I placed them by the bedside, along with some fluffy socks, ready for Jungwoo to change into when he woke up. For now I tucked him into bed, not wanting to change his clothes incase he felt uncomfortable.

I felt my heart get fuzzy as I watched the boy whom I liked snuggled into bed, yarning into the sweet cotton sheets with content. Wanting to leave him alone, I quickly left some painkillers and a water bottle in the bedroom, before switching off the light and closing the door. Feeling sleepy myself, I wondered to my couch, snuggling into the fluffy blankets I had left there before falling into an adventurous dream.

I dreamt that I was back in high school, chasing after Jungwoo and begging him to love me back. No ex girlfriend, no one else apart from us. Not even his crazed fangirls. All I could see was the back of Jungwoo's head, as I yearned for his warm presence once again.

I was quite the teenage romantic, wasn't I?