Chapter 2

Zoe's p.o.v.

Wait, that wasn't Devin and Ashton. But who was it? I recognized them. Wait, it was coming to me.

"Oh, you're Black Veil Brides!" I burst out. I covered my mouth with my hand and felt myself turn bright red. 

"And you are..."  Andy said.

"My name's Zoe." I said. I turned back to my book. Even though I've read it a million times, I still gasped at the scary part.

"Well Zoe better start packing." Ashley said. I looked up.

"Why?" I asked.

"We're adopting you!" the boys cried. I gave a sarcastic laugh.

"Ha-ha very funny." I said sarcastically. Andy frowned.

"We're not kidding." he said with a completely straight face.

"Oh joy." I said sarcastically. The boys frowned. I sighed.

"Fine. I'll pack." I got up and walked to a closet. I pulled out two outfits, a build-a-bear, a guitar case, the bag that held my dad's gun collection, a bag that held my barbies, and a heart that held my nana's ashes.

"Ready?" Andy asked. I nodded.

"Okay. Let's go." Andy said. I quick grabbed my pillow off the bed and walked out of the room.  

"Her? You're adopting HER?" Ms. Ashton seemed surprised.

"Yes." Andy replied. Ms. Ashton sighed.

"Well I'll get the papers." she said. She came back a minute later and thrust some papers at Andy. The boys signed them and we left. As we were crossing the street to get to their car, Cc suddenly thrust his arm in front of me. I ran into it and nearly fell over, causing a necklace to fall out o my shirt. I quickly grabbed it and put it back into my shirt but Cc had seen it.

"What was that?" he asked.

"N-nothing." I stuttered. I didn't want them to see that necklace. 

"It clearly wasn't nothing." Cc said. "It's nothing." I said.

"What's nothing?" Andy asked.

"She has a necklace hidden in her shirt and she won't show it to me." Cc replied. 

"Will you please show it to us?" Andy asked. I shook my head.

"Zoe, please, just show it to us." Jake said. I shook my head harder. Andy sighed. He motioned to Ashley, who pinned my arms behind my back. Andy undid the hook on the back of the necklace and pulled it off.

"No!" I shouted. Andy held it up. There was a bullet strung onto the necklace.

"Why is there a bullet on this necklace?" he asked.

"It came from my cousin Regina." I whispered. "It has my nana's ashes in it. It belonged to my papa before he died."  There were tears streaming down my face. Great. Now I was crying. Andy looked surprised and handed me my necklace back. We finally got to the car and I got into the way back with Jake. As soon as we got in, I got out my MP3 player and headphones. I plugged them in and put them in my ears. I turned the volume all the way up and started P!nk's  perfect. I played music for a while before Jake took out one of my headphones and put it in his ear. He took it back out.

"Why are you listening to such a depressing song?" he asked. I shrugged. I liked depressing music. So what? The other boys turned to look at me. I curled into fetal position. I HATED when people stared at me. Suddenly my phone started vibrating. I paused my music and pulled it out. I smiled. Samantha was calling. I pressed the green button and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey zozo." Sam said.

"Hey Sam." I smiled. "How are you?" 

"Good." Sam said.  "I was wondering if I could come over."

"Well, I just got adopted so I'll have to ask." I pulled the phone away from my ear. "Andy, can I have a friend over?" I asked. Andy shook his head.

"Not today." I put the phone back up to my ear. "Not today." I said.

"Can we video chat later?" Sam asked.

"Well DUH." I replied. The boys were staring at me again. I sighed.

"Gtg." I said.

"Kay. ttyl." Sam replied. I hung up and shoved my phone back into my pocket just as we arrived at a huge house.