Chapter 4

Zoe's p.o.v.

I decided to video chat with Sam so I opened my laptop and clicked on my Skype app. I typed in Sam's name and her face appeared on the screen.

"Hey zozo." Sam said. "How goes the being adopted?" I shrugged and told her everything that had happened.

"I feel SO stupid for hugging him." I said. "Why?" Sam asked.

"Dude, they only adopted me like, MABEY two hours ago and I'm treating Andy like my dad." Suddenly someone knocked on the door. I sighed.

"Gtg." I said.

"Mkay, ttyl." Sam said. I shut off my computer and closed it.

"Come in!" I shouted. The boys came in and Andy sat down on my bed with me.

"Can we talk for a minute?" he asked. I nodded, even though my brain was telling me to say no.

"So, it's about what happened earlier." Jake said.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked nervously.

"About the hug." Ashley said. I turned to Andy.

"Y-you TOLD them?" I asked. Tears were welling up in my eyes. Andy nodded.

"So, why did you let go after only a few seconds?" Cc asked. I shrugged. I didn't want to tell them what I'd told Sam.

"Zoe, you can tell us anything." Andy said. I quickly covered my ears and curled into fetal position. What they were saying reminded me of my dad because my dad had given me that same talk. Andy tried to pry my hands from my ears but I wouldn't let him. he finally managed to and I looked up at him.

"Why aren't you listening?" Andy asked. "I got that same exact talk from my dad." I whispered.  Andy sighed.

"Well, if anything's going on tell us okay?" he said. I nodded.

"We also have a question," Ashley said.

"Why do you seem so scared?" I shrugged. "

"Um, I also have a question." I whispered.

"What is it?" Ashley asked.

"Is it okay if I get up at like one thirty a.m. tomorrow?" I asked. The boys stared at me.

"Um why?" Jake asked. I sighed.

"Do I HAVE to tell you?" I asked. The boys nodded.

"Well, tomorrow's my sister's birthday and she was born at two a.m." I said.

"So?" Ashley said.

"I want to tweet something about her at the exact time she was born." I said.

"Well, I guess you can." Andy said. I smiled when I suddenly remembered something.

"Hey Jinxx," I said turning to face him.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"You may not realize this, but you've seen my sister before." I said. Jinx gave me a weird look.

"No I haven't." he said. I sighed.

"You know how you guys had a concert in Colorado on October twenty-seventh last year?" I asked. Jinxx nodded.

"Remember how you made a heart and a girl made one back so you waved at her?" Jinx nodded again. I smiled.

"Do you get it yet?" I asked.

"Wait, that girl, that was your SISTER?!" Jinxx exclaimed. I nodded. Andy looked at the clock on my wall.

"Well, if you're going to get up at one thirty I suggest you get ready for bed." Andy said. I nodded and walked to my closet.

"Zoe?" Andy asked after everyone else had left. "Yeah?" I said turning to him.

"I was wondering if we could do the tweet with you but add a picture," Andy said. "We could have on war paint and be holding dead roses." I smiled.

"That sounds awesome." I replied. Andy walked out of my room to tell the others and I put on my pajamas. After brushing my teeth I got into bed and curled up. The boys walked in and said goodnight. After they left Andy walked over and kissed me on the forehead.

"Goodnight." he said softly.

"Good night." I said. Right before he walked out the door I whispered "I love you." I didn't think he'd heard me but he turned around.

"I love you too." he whispered. I looked up in surprise. He smiled and left the room. I smiled to myself and fell asleep.