Chapter 8: Love

I was running in Central Park and talking to Chris at 5:30 AM.

Chris asks "Would you have time for us next month when we come to Manhattan?"

I answered "I'm going to try to free myself up that weekend but I think so. As long as the teams get together by next week then it's safe to plan."

Chris says "I'm freeing up my schedule for a whole month now that GQ is out of the way. I'll take some side projects here and there but it's local. After that, I'm heading to Atlanta. We are starting to film."

I tell him "I'm in LA in 3 months. I forgot to mention that I did tell Marc about our relationship. He should know since he will know everything. I didn't want to blindside him."

Chris smiles and says "I totally understand and I guess I should let my agent and publicists know."

I corrected him "Best to keep it hidden for now. Your issue is coming out. We don't want people to think I slept my way with you."

Chris acted innocent "Did you not?"

I huffed "I'm going to kill you, Evans! For the record, you came onto me while I'm drunk. Do you really want that to hit the tabloids? By the way, I think I should give you a new name."

Chris says "Woah Woah! I asked you if you wanted to stop. Never once did you say no."

I teased "You're a man of power. I was scared for my life."

Chris "Har Har... Anyone who knows you wouldn't believe that. You can totally kick my ass given those reflexes. Fast like a snake!" he was motioning a kick as he was running and didn't realize how foolish he looked. He was happy just chatting with me.

I was running over the bridge when I heard someone shout my name. I turned and saw Sebastian and he's running up to me.

I tell Chris "hey your buddy is approaching. Maybe we should hang up."

Chris tells me "No! I wanna hear what this bastard is going to say to my girl."

I said "Not a good idea, butthead!"

Chris says "Butthead better not be my new nickname."

Sebastian jogged up and said "Hey! Morning beautiful! Where are you heading?" I pointed and he said, "I'll join you!"

We both were jogging and talking to each other. Chris made some comments and I almost broke down laughing.

Sebastian says "I heard from Stephanie that you offer her a job. Can I take you out for lunch or dinner?"

Chris said in my ears 'No! Say no to him.'

I tell Sebastian "I'd love to but right now we are going into transition. I'm asked to take on vanity fair and national geography magazines. I'm asked to bring a team together to help adjust this period."

Sebastian smiles "I'm sure you need to eat. I can bring food to you."

Chris says in my ears 'How can he be so stubborn? No no no!'

Sebastian can read my face and asks "Are you still with that lucky bastard? Have I met him?"

I looked down as I had my hands on my hips from running before I could say anything.

Sebastian asks "Is it Chris?"

I looked up and was shocked. "What?"

Chris was shocked as well 'How the fuck did he find out?'

Sebastian tells me "Chris told me not to go with you. You're trouble! He finds you annoying and irritating but then he was supposed to stay in your building. You told me he's staying at Hyatt. I watched him struggle with jealousy and I watched you fuming when Stephanie kissed him. Well, that was my fault, I told her to kiss him."