𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾- 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾

sunny day's in los angels, california wasn't just a regular sunny day

sunny day's in los angels, california wasn't just a regular sunny day. it was like living in hell for nearly four months before small winter came through the city.

and as much as a horrific hot mess of a day it was today, slader was going to try his best to keep it together.

today was a special day for his nephew, zaven, who slader loves like his own son. he's like a mini slader, he looks just like the boy from when he was younger as well.

he might be malakai's kid but that kid is slader's spawn.

he's often babysitting the boy because his mother and father travel a lot for work and slader offered to babysit while they left for work.

or whenever the married couple needed a night out for themselves, slader was always the one down to have a sleep over with his nephew.

slader has a bunch of nieces and nephews though and he loves them all. he cares about them each equally and would do anything for them.

but the reason i think he loves zaven so much is because he reminds slader of himself and he wants to preserve the innocence zaven has until slader can no longer control it.

it might be selfish but slader just doesn't want zaven, and other nieces and nephews, to go down the wrong path in life.

growing up in the public eye was hard and difficult to say the least. you had to grow up fast and every time you aged you had to mature a certain way.

his siblings try not to put their kids out for the world to see but it's been hard not to especially when they want to make memories with their kids on vacations and stuff like that.

spending so much time with zaven made slader think about life a different way.

getting older is the scariest thing to ever happen to a person.

you can't control it and it's scary knowing there's a plan for you that you might not like a hundred percent.

slader hated growing up.

so fucking much.

his siblings seemed to have accepted it meanwhile slader is on his last straw. as soon as he hit eighteen years old, his life changed completely.

people looked at him as a prophecy of the family rather than a member.

and maybes that's why he chose to be a professional athlete rather than do something in the entertainment business like music, modeling or acting like this siblings did.

he's happy for them of course but he hates that shit. he hates having to pretend that you're mentally stable for a performance, photo shoot, or for filming an episode of some damn show.

he siblings don't know this and slader doesn't plan on telling them any time soon. it's something that will go till the grave for him.

he took a quick shower this morning knowing today was a very busy day for the family. he put his outfit together, a basic plain one until the guests would arrive for zaven's birthday party.