01 ┊business trip

i'll show you every version of yourself tonight . . .

────ʚ˚ɞ────

────ʚ˚ɞ────

juliette leroux . . .

"JULIETTE! DOWNSTAIRS NOW, PLEASE!"

my father's voice rang through my ears as i pulled my book out of my trunk. i screwed my eyes shut for a moment, annoyance surging through me at the thought of him, and stood up.

don't get me wrong, i love my father. but i also can't stand him at time. he's what most people would call a narcissist. and a blood supremacist. and .. a death eater.

we're not like the other families in the sacred twenty-eight, though, because my mother is an angel on earth — her name means angel on earth.

my parents don't scold me for being friends with muggle-borns and people like sirius black and valerie laurier — they love valerie as their own daughter — but they don't necessarily encourage it. as long as i don't fall in love with a non-pureblood, they don't worry too much.

i walked out of my room and down the stairs, pulling my hair up into a ponytail. it was far too hot in this house, i was not looking forward of a whole summer spent here.

"hi, dad," i smiled, as i walked into the front room. my father was sitting at his chair by the fireplace — though the fire was off — and examining a few newspapers that i had no doubt what they were about.

"juliette, my love, how was the train ride here?" he asked, looking up from the sheets spread in front of him. i flushed, always feeling special around my father.

"it was good, father," i replied, sitting at the chair across from him. "apollo walked me here afterwards."

"what a gentleman," laurent grinned. "i've always been fond of the boy, despite his ... status."

"dad."

"i apologise," he sighed. "forget i said that, please." after a long silence, he continued. "have you planned anything for this summer?"

"oh, no, not yet," i said, slightly embarrassed. i only really had two real friends, despite my riches and 'good looks' as my mother put it. i loved them so, but sometimes i wished i didn't look so much of a ... loser. "we wanted to do something special. you see, it's our last summer until seventh year, and next year we're all going to be working and what not but both lolo and val are going on holiday."

"together?"

"yes, they're cousins, dad."

"ah, i see."