04 ┊birthday

hush when no one is around, my dear . . .

────ʚ˚ɞ────

────ʚ˚ɞ────

juliette leroux . . .

IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY that sunny august day and i was awoken by breakfast in bed, delivered by brielle. beau stood behind her, his hands around her waist, and regulus was on the other side of my bed. mum and dad towered over me, gently waking me.

"happy birthday, my dear," dad cooed as i sat up in bed. brielle placed the tray of food on my lap and laughed.

"happy fourth of august," regulus grinned. "what's so special about it, again? i forget often."

i just rolled my eyes at him and he apologised silently by giving me a present. i was about to open it when mum attacked me with a hug.

"walburga's pissed that you've ruined the breakfast schedule," mum snorted into my ear. "but happy birthday!"

"thank you."

they stayed for a little while longer but after they put my presents at the end of my bed, they all left. all besides regulus.

"happy birthday, love," he smiled, sitting on my bed next to me. i moved over and lifted my cover so he could get under it with me. "open my present first."

i rushed to rip the paper off his package and i gasped when i found a book and a small box. i looked at the book — a copy of emma with the most beautiful, magical cover i'd seen.

i smiled widely at regulus and kissed his cheek. i told him about wanting this book at the beginning of summer, but i didn't think he actually listened, yet cared enough to buy it for me.

"open the box." his eyes gleamed as he picked up the small box and gave it to me.

i opened it and found a necklace inside. it had a small gem in the centre that sparkled in the daylight.

"it's your gemstone — y'know based on your star sign," he smiled. "stupid, i know but i thought it was quite cute."

"it is," i insisted. "i love it so much, regulus, thank you."

i held it up higher, admiring the glint and sparkle of it. regulus took it from my hands slowly and gently, then sat behind me.

he pulled my hair to the side, stopped moving for a moment, and brought the necklace around my neck. he clasped it together and moved my hair back.