𝑠 𝑖 𝑥 𝑡 𝑒 𝑒 𝑛

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗦𝗞𝗘𝗧.

.·:*¨༺ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 SIXTEEN ༻¨*:·.
W ʀ C ɴ ~ 1327

          The days flew by. One after another. Mission after mission. Not that it was intentional, but I hadn't seen Jinx since that night. It was probably for the best. Gave me some time to think things over, collect my thoughts. She was drunk and I was half asleep with a hangover. It didn't mean anything. Plus, it's not like anything actually happened. That's what I kept telling myself anyway.

Despite trying to convince myself otherwise, I missed her, a lot, more then I cared to admit. After the first two days I'd been able to convince myself I was grateful for the space. But as the days rolled by, one after another, I started to wonder wether I was unconsciously avoiding her or if I was actually just busy. Before I knew it a whole week had gone by without seeing the blue haired girl.

I'd gotten closer to Sevika, she'd actually started to teach me how to play poker and most importantly, how to win it. With the amount of drinking I've been doing with her, it's no surprise that my tolerance has gotten better. I think Chucks starting to like me as well and even though I know he'd never admit it, I know I'm his favourite customer.

I let out a sigh of relief as I closed the door behind me. I was exhausted. Another fight against the firelights. They were really starting to piss me off. At least it's giving me the chance to get better with my magic, and keeping me up with my combat.

I removed my boots before hanging up my jacket and taking my top off, leaving me in my bra and shorts. Usually I'd change into a comfy top but my body physically couldn't stand anymore so I dragged myself over to my bed before letting my body fall. The soft material rubbed against my skin as I held my pillow tight. My eyes fell shut as the darkness consumed me, lulling me into sense of security as I allowed myself the luxury of sleep.

* * *

          A groan left my throat as the sound of a window opening and closing woke me up. I looked over to my window only to see a figure standing there, highlighted by the moonlight. I sat up and rubbed my eyes as my eyes tried to focus.

"Jinx..?" I asked softly as I looked at the girl.

"What are you doing here? It's like-" I looked over to my clock.

"It's almost three in the morning." I stated. I only then took notice of the state of her.

She stood, her left hand holding her right arm, dried tears staining her cheeks and fresh ones forming in her eyes, shining in the moonlight that shone through my window.