ACT 4

at the end-of-the-year awards

Seonghwa was in awe. He couldn't imagine how a single person was able to hold this much talent and charisma. From spitting fire bars to hitting incredibly high notes, Han Jisung was someone that definitely attracted attention, and Seonghwa was more than willing to give it.

Stray Kids finished their performance at the awards and bowed, earning a round of applause and the cheers of the electrified crowd. Seonghwa impulsively clapped longer than everyone else, and when the group left the stage, he gave himself a pep talk and mustered up enough courage to go backstage. He excused himself, saying he needed to go to the bathroom, and started searching around for Han. Why, he didn't know. He only knew that he had to meet him and talk to him, the man of a million assets.

And there he was, high-fiving his members who were as amazed by him as Seonghwa was. He hesitated for a bit, thinking that he might ruin the moment between the 8 friends, but eventually came close and coughed subtly.

"Excuse me" he said, bowing.

"Yes?" Han turned to him and eyed him suspiciously.

"My name is Seonghwa and I'm a member of Ateez. Could I, perhaps, talk to you for a minute?" he tried to sound as charming as possible.

"Um...alright. I'll be right back, guys."

Han was curious as to why this handsome fellow would want to talk in private, but followed him anyway. Seonghwa led them to a corner of the crowded room, the make-up artists and stylists running around in disorder.

"You're Han, correct?"

"Yeah. Yes, I am. And you said you're..."

"Seonghwa from Ateez."

"Right. And what was it that you wanted to talk about?"

Seonghwa ran a hand through his hair and fixed his tie.
"First of all, that was...a truly spectacular performance. I-I don't think I've ever heard anything like that coming from anyone, really."

"Thank you...I guess?" Han laughed awkwardly and crossed his arms.

Seonghwa suddenly made eye contact and smiled.
"Actually...what I came here to say is...I like you. Yeah, I do."

"You-you WHAT?" Han almost screamed and looked around terrified. "Like, for real? You're...gay?"

"You know, at first I thought it was pure admiration. But now it's clear as day to me, I like you." He leaned in a bit and whispered in his ear. "And, to answer your question, I am gay."

Han blinked a few times and tried to process this new information. No one had confessed to him in his life, let alone a guy. And now, he was met with a literal visual god who claimed to be into him. His closeted self would be stupid not to grasp this opportunity. What was there to lose, after all?

"Well...what if I said I feel the same?" he asked, his voice slightly challenging.

"You do?" Seonghwa seemed surprised but his expression soon turned into a smirk. "Then, I suppose there's nothing else we can do, right?"

"Hm. Right"

Han smirked as well. The two stood there exchanging glances, silently observing the other. It was obvious what would happen next.