|1|

Burnt out
1
.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

You envisioned what you thought would be the perfect life, a simple life, a life where you could lived alone, went to school and excelled in all your studies, had a job that paid well, where money wouldn't be an issue, however, soon enough you would begin to realize the facade of a perfect collage life.

The nights would became day as you begin to fall into this mundane world of repetitive stress and school. It was hard enough to tackle two jobs let alone bills that would never end. It was bound to happen the moment you insisted on living alone, claiming a roommate wasn't needed. That you'd be able to stay on your own.

However you were proved wrong, by the neglect of your parents help and financial aid, you were left with no option but to op for the latter.

An advertisement for a roommate was posted across the campus of your uni as you spent the next countless days hosting interviews. Some didn't reach what "qualifications" you placed in line, while most were suitable but, sadly lacked the financial structure to aid in paying the bills.

You grew frustrated, irritated by your lack of understanding of housing new people, by the sheer hope that maybe someone rich could pay your loans and ship you off the beach and for you to live a content life.

With the restless nights and unwanted possessions of bills, you'd slowly plummet into a spiral of despair and disappointment. Mostly in your self that is. The demanding 9-5 as well as weekly courses bombarded your life as a student and would only make it spiral further, beyond the point of failure.

It was being burnt out, on the verge of dropping out and becoming a source of entertainment through pole dancing was your only other option. Had you known that being an adult would bring such despair to your life, then maybe you'd agree to continue to live with your parents.

A simple business major would never be able to see the light of day, living with their parents. Their insufferable negligence and constant banter between the three of you caused you to initiate the move out in the first place, had they realized that they were the reason, and taken the chance to make mends, you wouldn't have been left with the consequences of their failure to care for their only child.

Then on that note a loud knock interrupted your train of thought, bringing you to the realization that you had been crying. Wiping your face you sighed "I must be going insane." You murmured profanities, making your way toward the door.

The door creaked open slightly allowing your head to peek past. "Can I help you?" You quietly asked avoiding their gaze so they wouldn't see you crying.

"I picked up this paper for an interview, this apartment was listed for housing." A cold and firm voice erupted from the large shadow. It was a man, clearly, puzzled you remembered that you had written only females on the slip.

You shuffled back a bit opening the door completely, to your surprise you were met with a large figure, the radiant sun glowing off his features.

"Eh- not to be rude but the poster clearly said females only." You said, using your hand to cover your eyes as the blazing sun blinded you, "no you're wrong, it says any applicants are accepted."

He tilted the paper towards you. The argument won in his favor as you mentally scolded yourself for not proofreading the flyer.