|3|

My least favorite jeans
3
.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

Ryoka held his hand out insisting you take it. But you would only step back rejecting his affection.

"We can talk here then we depart."

He nodded letting out a sigh, his warm breath fogging the air.

"I'm sorry, it's been too long since a formal apology so I'm here now, please [last name]-san, please forgive my mistakes and give me a chance at your heart."

You could feel the coldness begin to heat within your body. "Will I become your second choice again? Will you spend our dates with another girl as you did before?"

Maybe he assumed you had forgotten, or that maybe you didn't think much of those scenarios.

"Why should I forgive you? I'll just always be your second choice, I'll never cross your mind when it comes to when you're lonely or when you're bored or even when you miss someone. I was always just an extra."

He could hear it just as clearly as you felt it, you knew that when falling in love with him, you'd always be a second choice, yet you still loved him.

"Just make this easier on me and leave, I can't stand to look at you."

"But [nam-"

"She said leave."

The all too familiar voice of Ushijima interrupted your conversation as he pulled you back towards him.

"Who- who are you?" Ryoka questioned, he felt betrayed almost, that by now you'd already have someone you loved. "Who I am doesn't matter, but who I will be after this does," Ushijima replied as he neared Ryoka.

"Just leave, I'll make this easier for the three of us."

Ryoka felt defenseless against a large figure like Ushijima.

"ill see you later then [Name]"

He left without another word, Ushijima on the other hand could only focus on this unknown anger, he had only known you for a month and yet he felt this obligation towards you.

It made him question his motives, was he upset at Ryoka, someone whom he just met?

It couldn't possibly be so.

Turning back he saw your saddened look, for such a short encounter he felt guilty as if he was somehow at fault for this.

"let's go grab dinner, yeah?"

you suggested trying not to let the prior situation affect you. Ushijima agreed walking alongside you.

~~

The two of them arrived at a western style restaurant as they both opted for a small meal. The meal, like most, consisted of you talking about work or even about people who Ushijima hadn't a clue about.

"who was he?"

He put a stop to your ranting as you could only stare at him, unsure of how to explain such an embarrassing love life. You assumed that he knew you were avoiding the topic. He didn't seem like the type to read the room and try and make things less awkward, if anything, he wanted an answer regardless if you were going to tell him the truth.