056 ; the fat lady

╌────═❁═────╌

╌────═❁═────╌

"HONEYDUKE'S SWEET SHOP IS BRILLIANT, BUT NOTHING BEATS ZONKO'S JOKE SHOP"

ron was now telling you and harry what hogsmeade was like, you listen intently. you were walking with them along with hermione up to gryffindor common room.

"we never did get a chance to go to the shrieking shack, though. you heard that it's the most-" "the most haunted building in britain. yeah, i know" harry interrupts him, you sigh with a small smile.

but your eyebrows furrow, there was a large group ahead and everyone was muttering about something.

"what's going on?" harry questions as the flight of stairs turns towards the swarm of people.

"probably neville forgot the password again" ron sighs.

"hey" neville says from behind ron, you blink. "oh, you're here" ron smiles awkwardly.

"let me through, please. excuse me! i'm head boy!" you hear percy's voice through the crowd as he climbs through the students.

"get back all of you. no one is to enter this dormitory until it has been fully searched"

you go on your tippy-toes, trying to get a peek of what was happening.

ginny pushes through everyone, standing in front of you all, "the fat lady! she's gone!"

your eyes go slightly wide, you had chatted to her a few times while dropping the other three off.

"serves her right. she was a terrible singer"

you roll your eyes, smacking his arm.

"it's not funny, ron!" hermione scolds.

you look at the portrait, it had three large gashes across it along with some smaller ones and the fat lady was nowhere to be seen.

the other paintings seemed distressed, a few of them were crossing over into each others picture and others were crying. over all, everyone was in a state of panic.

"keep calm, everyone. break into fours. back to your common room" percy tries to order the other houses who had gathered over. 

"be quiet"

"make way"

"the headmaster's here"

"come on, move. move!" filch orders as dumbledore storms through the crowd with flich right behind him.

"you heard. move!"

dumbledore also seemed in a state of worry, he steps up to the canvas, analysing each little scratch.

he runs his fingers over the largest one, "mr. filch? round up the ghosts. tell them two search every painting in the castle to find the fat lady.

"there's no need for ghosts, professor" filch says, staring up at a painting on the other side of the tower.

he points up at it, "the fat lady's there"

everyone collectively gasps, all looking up at the painting.

and before anyone could react, all the students had made a mad dash upwards.

"hey, mind where you're going! slow down!" percy screeches as he gets pushed around by the students urging to get passed.

"you listen! i'm head boy!"

everyone ignores him, running up flights of stairs and over to the painting.

you all stand right by dumbledore, you glancer into the painting.

the fat lady was hiding behind a large animal, her clothes were torn and she had a large leaf hat sitting on her head.

"dear lady, who did this to you?" dumbledore says briskly.

she peeks out from the bull, quivering and whimpering.

"eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. it's him, headmaster" she nods, "the one they all talk about. he's here, somewhere in the castle. sirius black!" she shudders at the name, ducking back behind the animal.

mutters overtake the tower, your lips part excitedly,

oh, sirius black? i'd love to meet him!~

"secure the castle, mr. filch. the rest of you, to the great hall!" dumbledore orders.

you send a final glance at the painting before running off with the rest of them.

╌────═❁═────╌

╌────═❁═────╌

words ; 602

date posted ; 12/04/22

©_behindyou_