Chapter Five: The Cowardly Black Panther

The three almost wished they didn't continue walking. They were in a forest at the moment which is really dark and a little scary. All you could hear was their footsteps and god knows what animals were in this forest. (Y/N) didn't guess any that would be in Kansas or back on Earth in case they weren't the same. On top of that, it was getting genuinely dark but none of them could tell. And Vision didn't make it any better by saying there were possibly tigers and lions and bears in this forest.

They just stayed huddled together while they walked through the forest. And, as they were trying to leave quickly, a Panther roared at them and came out of hiding! (Y/N) hid behind a tree while the boys stayed out in the open. The boys lay on the ground and the Panther was challenging them to a fight. It let its mask down to reveal a normal man yet still challenged them. He wouldn't introduce himself but this was T'Challa. He owned the forest and wasn't threatened by the people who passed by.

Though rather confident because he was saying he could fight them with one and behind his back, or standing on one foot, or with his eyes closed. He noticed Vision's Infinity Stone in his head and asked if he was going to use that to fight him. Neither wanted to fight T'Challa anyway! Vision told T'Challa to leave them alone. He took this as a sign that he was scared and mocked him. Then T'Challa went over to Tony challenging him to fight and got a little personal with his insult.

Vision told Tony to get up and teach T'Challa a lesson. Tony asked why he couldn't do it since he had the stone but he just argued that he didn't know him very well. Goose started to hiss at T'Challa. T'Challa went after Goose but (Y/N) picked her up. T'Challa chased (Y/N) until she just slapped him on the nose, making him start crying. Not so confident now. The boys got up and walked over.

"Shame on you!" (Y/N) scolded

"What did you do that for? I didn't bite her," T'Challa said crying

"No, but you tried to. It's bad enough picking on a straw man but when you go around picking on poor little cats-"

"Well, you didn't have to go and hit me, did you? Is my nose bleeding?" T'Challa asked still crying

"Well, of course not," (Y/N) said as T'Challa wiped his tears, "My goodness, what a fuss you're making! Well, naturally when you go around picking on things weaker than you are. Why you're nothing but a great big coward!"

"You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself! Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks."

"Why don't you try counting sheep?" Vision asked

"That doesn't do any good. I'm afraid of them," T'Challa said

"Oh, that's too bad," Tony said before tapping (Y/N)'s shoulder, "Don't you think the Wizard could help him too?"

"I don't see why not," (Y/N) said, "Why don't you come along with us? We're on our way to see the Wizard now to get him a heart," (Y/N) pointed to Vision

"And him a brain," Vision said pointing to Tony

"I'm sure, he could give you some courage," (Y/N) said to T'Challa

"Well, wouldn't you feel degraded to be seen in the company of a cowardly Panther? I would," T'Challa said sobbing

"No, of course not."

"Gee, that's awfully nice of you. My life has been simply unbearable."

(Y/N) wiped T'Challa's tears with her handkerchief, "Oh. Well, It's all right now. The Wizard will fix everything."

"It's been in me so long. I just gotta tell you how I feel," T'Challa said

"Well, come on!" (Y/N) said putting Goose down

T'Challa started singing while they walked on, 'Yeah, it's sad, believe me, missy, when you're born to be a sissy without the vim and verve. But I could show my prowess. Be a Panther, not a mouse, if I only had the nerve. I'm afraid there's no denying, I'm just a dandy lion. A fate I don't deserve. I'd be brave as a blizzard.'

'I'd be gentle as a lizard,' Vision said

'I'd be clever as a gizzard,' Tony said

'If the Wizard is a wizard, who will serve,' (Y/N) said

'Then I'm sure to get a brain.'

'A heart.'

'A home.'

'The nerve!'

So, they skipped along. They're all going to help each other get what they want. Nebula watched it all happen in her Crystal ball. Clearly Tony and Vision weren't going to take her warning about hurting them. She wanted the Ruby Slippers and she knew of a way to take them from (Y/N). They were headed for a field of Poppy's so Nebula cast a spell on them to handle the group. So, the group walked on until they were finally out of the woods and into the light. In front of them was the field of poppies and, in the distance, Emerald City. They're almost there!

They were so excited that we started to run the rest of the way. They got about halfway when (Y/N) became exhausted. She felt so sleepy. Tony tried to encourage her to keep going but she insisted on resting for a minute. Goose already beat her to it, fast asleep on the ground. (Y/N) join her for a little nap. Vision also started crying knowing something was wrong. Tony tried to tell him not to as he'll rust again. T'Challa liked the idea of a nap and joined (Y/N) and Goose for a nap. Tony tried to tell him not to but he was already half awake.

Vision suggested carrying (Y/N) to Emerald City. Tony didn't know if he could but he would give it a try. But they let go of T'Challa causing him to fall and pretty much pass out. Tony tried to get (Y/N) moving but it was no use. But he figured out what had happened. It was Nebula's spell. She had put them to sleep with the poppies. The two then tried calling for help and help came in the form of snow. Wanda heard them call for help and so that's what she did.

The snow covered the poppies so the spell would no longer work. (Y/N), Goose, and T'Challa woke up covered in snow. Not that the snow did much good to Vision because he rusted again. They used the oilcan to get him moving again and they continued to follow the yellow brick road to the gates of Emerald City. time to visit the Wizard. Nebula was furious that someone helped (Y/N) and her friends. No matter. She made her way to Emerald City.