061 ; teach us

»——•——«

»——•——«

"I'M SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BROOMSTICK. IS THERE NO CHANCE OF FIXING IT?"

everyone had gone off to hogsmeade again so you both were left with lupin walking through the forest.

"no. professor, why did the dementors affect us so? i mean, more than everyone else"

you all stop.

"listen. the dementors are amongst the foulest creatures to walk this earth. they feed on every good feeling, every happy memory..."

you start to walk again.

"..until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences.  you both are not weak, harry, [name]. the dementors affect you both most of all because there are true horrors in your past. horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. you have nothing to be ashamed of"

"i'm scared, professor"

"well, i'd consider you a fool if you weren't"

"i need to know how to fight them. you could teach us. you made that dementor on the train go away"

"there was only one that night"

"but you made it go away"

"i don't pretend to be an expert, harry"

you ruffle hedwig's fathers affectionately as you all stop to look out at the black lake.

"but as the dementors seem to have developed a particular interest in you two.. perhaps i should teach you. but after the holidays"

hedwig flies off.

"for now, i need to rest"

»——•——«

»——•——«

words ; 230

date posted ; 13/04/22

©_behindyou_