P r o l o g u e

○--   ℂ 𝕖 𝕟 𝕥 𝕦 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕤  𝔸 𝕘 𝕠   --○

WIND HOWLED LIKE A DOOMED OMEN, leaves ripping from the tree branches and swirling in the dewy night air with ghastly rapidness; pricking every living soul in its way as if cursed by eternal dark magic to destruct. In the distance, thunder struck and waves crashed against the shore; their frantic movement growing restless as if even they knew what was to happen.

The crone witch stood in the middle of a raging forest, her fellow witchlings chanting in a circle around her, holding a flaming candle in each of their bony hands.

"Astravas Moravia. Tre nus veraka." She bellowed through the storm, her eyes strewn shut.

Blood shrivelled down her nose, down every witches' noses who chanted along yet their spell rang loud, struck clear.

The sun priestesses watched the witches cast, their hands grasped together in front of them in prayer, long billowy white robes dragging down their feet.

The power radiated around them all until it stole their breaths, and pulled them towards slow death with its clawed palms.

The crone opened her startling ice-blue eyes, like that of an electric current as she spoke the ancient prophecy engraved in her family's archives, the one the Oracle had revealed :

"In the sight of Oracle, is hereby known.

Born of embers of every immortal, shall be a queen harbinger of great sortal.

Given two choices;
a warning and a chance.

The changer of realms;
For good or forever doom.

The holder of eternal power.
The key to the gates.

The chosen one."

Every priestess and witch in attendance fell into a silent camaraderie, the words echoing around them like a melody.

The crone picked up the black dagger placed atop the silver plate a sun priestess held out. Gripping the blade, she drew a long slice along her palm.

Dark crimson blood poured down the length of her forearm to the earth below, "For the balance of the spell, in death and life alike. I offer my soul for death to claim. I offer my grand daughter's soul yet to be birthed, to be claimed by the eternal power. I offer her as the key."

She shut her eyes and this time, the crone could feel the energy that had risen from the roots themselves. So for a final time, she chanted,

"Astravas Moravia. Tre nus veraka."

The ground shook as a wave of blue flames rose from the surface to claim what was promised.

---------☼︎♔︎☼︎---------

Any theories what the prophecy is about?

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Honestly, this would barely make sense until we're atleast half-way through the story but since the bane of Mellisa's book is surrounded around this supposed prophecy, I let y'all have a teeny inkling of it coz at some point it will make sense.

Since I change plans like Mumbai changes its weather, I turned this into the Prologue while the supposed former prologue is now Chapter Zero which will be updated along with Chapter One tomorrow at 1pm IST and let's focus on that while we tuck this prophecy into the cob-webed brain cells👀👍

Seyonara, hoomans!