Chapter 41

THOMAS

I am currently having dinner in this expensive looking restaurant.

I know for sure that it is expensive since it requires reservation ahead of time and that each guests are supposed to wear something formal, but for some reason, these people I am with right now did not care for those.

The moment the manager heard Kuya Marcus' father's name, they let us in with no hassle. They even gave us the best seat in the house.

A server suddenly appeared before me and asked if I he can hang my backpack for me. I shook my head and said that I will just hold onto it instead. He nodded and left us all.

Another server then appeared and explained to us the menu. I looked at it and saw that there are no prices indicated.

My sister always said that if you do not know it, then don't get it.

But all of them have no prices. What should I do now, sis?!

I scratched my head.

I am getting so confused.

I looked around me and saw the interaction these people have been giving to each other.

When I came inside my sister's room straight from school, I saw these new faces hovering around Ate's bed.

Kuya Marcus introduced them to me as his parents and younger brother.

They then asked me how I was and how am I handling things. I answered them to the best of my ability.

I have been shy talking to someone else's parents for like forever. Ever since my parents have died, I have only been brought up by my sister. I know how hard my sister tried to act all three personas; as a mother, as a father and as a big sister. It must have been really hard for her. I was only eleven and still in the brink of my teenhood.

I do longed for the touch of a mother and advises of a father, but I guessed I have to be thankful for having a sister who tried to give me everything that I needed.

However, when I met these people, I forgot all about my shyness. They, for some reason, made me feel so at home.

I especially liked the warmth in the eyes of Tita Hann. It felt so genuine.

I loved the certain strength of Tito Nico. There is a presence of stability to all of us.

And then there's Kuya Drew. The five words man who stares at things infinitely like he was studying them religiously, then shies off from the crowd while reading his comic books. He is one interesting dude.

"What would you like, hijo?" Tita Hann asked me with her oh-so-gentle voice after the server finished explaining the menu.

"Uhm..I honestly don't know." I said.

"Me too." Kuya Drew mumbled.

"What do you suggest?" Kuya Marc asked the server.

The server suggested a pasta dish, Strangozzi al Tartufo Nero. It sounded expensive since it has black truffles with it.

I wrinkled my nose.

Pasta with truffles...does not sound too appetizing to me.

The server kept on naming pasta dishes that had exotic and expensive ingredients: Pasta sauce with sea urchin, with lobster, rare mushrooms and such.

"Do they have pizza?" I whispered to Kuya Marc who was sitting beside me.

He smirked.

Apparently, Kuya Drew heard me as he was sitting on the chair on the other opposite end of Kuya Marc.

"Yeah." Kuya Drew said. "Do you guys have pizza?" He raised my question to the server who was too surprised to answer back.

Fortunately, he was a professional.

He got his composure back and answered, "I'll see what the chef can do." As he walked back to the kitchen.

Three minutes later, he came back bearing a smile. "He'll make one for you."

I learned something new today.

If you are with the Reyes family, anything is possible.