Chapter 43

THOMAS

Now what is this all about?!

I scratched my head as I saw a couple of giants in suits standing at the main gate of the university.

I recognized them as Kuya Marcus' bodyguards. I wonder what they are doing here.

I saw several students eyeing them curiously, because honestly, they stood out like a sore thumb.

I walked towards them just to say hello. I don't want to be the doofus who did not even greet the people I know. My sister always wanted me to be friendly and never be disrespectful to people.

"Hey guys!" I waved at them.

They looked at each other and then back to me. I cannot see their eyes since they were wearing their shades, even though it was already six o'clock in the evening on a Friday night.

Since they did not answer or do anything, I just shrugged thinking they're on duty and did not want to be disturbed. So, I kept on walking the opposite direction towards the hospital.

Ate had been on coma for five days now. I had received the phone call from Kuya Marcus asking me to go straight to the hospital after school for some news he got from the police. I never realized the police worked that fast.

I guess I have to skip work for today. I did get some of the books I needed so I can do my homework at the hospital during the weekends.

I whistled as I kept on walking straight to the pedestrian lane when I noticed the incessant stares of the students I passed along the way. They started looking at me and then to something behind me and then started whispering to one another. I furrowed my brows. Well, that's weird!

It happened several times until it really made me conscious and annoyed at the unwanted attention.

I stopped at the pedestrian mark and waited for the go signal to cross when someone put his arm around me.

"WTH!" I exclaimed in shock as I glanced at the person beside me.

"Hey punk!" I saw Kuya Drew grinning.

"Kuya Drew, what are you doing her?" I asked as I suddenly turned my head more and saw the two suits behind us.

"What are they doing here?" I pointed at the guys with my thumb.

I am so confused right now.

"Them?" He said as he looked at where I was pointing. "That's Kuya Marc's doing. They're here to protect you." He said nonchalantly as the walker man sign turned on and we started crossing the street.

"To protect me?" I shivered with fear for some reason. I did not like the sound of that.

"What's going on, Kuya?" I asked seriously after we got across.

"Hmm...I think the best person to answer that would be my brother." He said as he suddenly snapped his fingers.

As if by some sort of magic, the black Range Rover appeared out of nowhere in front of us.

"Get in, punk." Kuya Drew said as we got in the back and the suits got in on the other Range Rover that was behind us.

We reached the hospital in record time. We got off and went straight to my sister's room...or so I thought it was her room?

I scratched my head as I saw that the room looked like it was designed straight from an interior magazine. And the place smells like heaven with the amount of food on the table that somebody had set-up.

I saw Kuya Marc sitting on the corner while talking with a guy on a trench coat. They looked like they were on a very serious conversation, so I was afraid to get closer.