1_ Awakening

It was another full moon.

The silvery light poured over the forest, casting long shadows on the ground and illuminating every rustling leaf. I prowled beneath the trees, my wolf paws sinking into the cool, damp earth. The familiar scent of the wild surrounded me, the rhythmic pulse of the forest beating in harmony with my own heartbeat. This was my life—wild, free, and simple. Survival was my only concern. Solitude was my companion.

Tonight should have been no different. I would roam, hunt for a meal, and return to my den. But then... something changed.

A sharp, stabbing pain pierced through my mind, sudden and agonizing. I groaned as my body staggered under the onslaught, my wolf's instincts recoiling from the pain. Whimpering, I tried to shake it off, but the sensation only grew stronger, until a voice echoed through my mind—distant yet commanding.

"On the first full moon after your eighteenth birthday, you shall remember."

The voice was thick and ominous, leaving me frozen in place. I didn’t understand. Before I could process the meaning, images began flooding my vision. A man and a woman—people I didn’t recognize—appeared before me, their eyes shimmering with sadness, tears falling silently down their cheeks.

"We love you so much," the woman whispered, her voice trembling.

"We will do anything and everything to keep you safe," the man added, his voice firm but breaking with emotion.

I felt their touch, soft and loving, as they kissed my forehead. But just as quickly as the vision had come, it faded, leaving me with a deeper ache in my head. My wolf let out a pitiful whine, trying to shake off the strange sensations.

"You are free from this day forth," the mysterious voice returned, louder now. "You will no longer be bound to your wolf form."

Before I could comprehend the words, my body convulsed violently. Every bone in my body cracked and shifted, the sound echoing through the silent forest. I let out a desperate howl, collapsing to the ground as waves of pain tore through me.

I felt like I was being ripped apart from the inside, my body reshaping itself against my will. My claws scraped helplessly at the earth as everything around me blurred, dissolving into darkness.

And then... silence.

I lay there for what felt like forever, my breath shallow, my heart pounding. Slowly, I opened my eyes. Something felt wrong. The forest looked different—taller, and somehow more distant. Alarmed, I scrambled to my feet, only to freeze in shock.

My hands.

They were long and delicate, covered not in fur but smooth skin. I stared at them, wide-eyed and trembling. What had happened to me?

My gaze traveled downward, and my breath caught in my throat. Two strange, protruding mounds jutted from my chest. I frowned in confusion, tentatively touching them, unsure of what they were.

Then a voice shattered the silence.

"Oh my God."

My head snapped up, locking onto the figure of a young man standing just a few feet away. He quickly turned away, his face flushing as he refused to look directly at me.