0.3

I cough and choke

I cough and choke. 

Did she just...Did she just ask me to have sex with her?

Did she just call me a male in my prime?

It's as if, in her opinion, I'm an anomaly to be explored and analyzed. 

I ignore her statement, likely brought on my a concussion. 

"Okay...How about you wash up and I'll take you to the hospital."

She cocks her head again. "What is a hoe-spit-all?"

"It's where you go to get your head checked. I think you must have hit it. Because most of what you're saying doesn't make sense."

She giggles, and the soft sound contrasts so completely with how easily she commands me. I honestly don't mind it. I kind of like it. She doesn't give me the chance to wonder what she wants, she just asks. 

"You are amusing, mortal. Yes, I bumped my head on an outcrop of rock when an orca so rudely bumped into me on his way to his next meal. I ended up getting swept away in a strong current while unconscious and presumably landed on your beach. I had long since healed and was going to go back into the water and give him a stern talking to, but then I felt you lifting me, and I liked your scent. Granted, it is quite odd, but I like it."

My eyes were so large I was concerned they would fall from my sockets. 

"Are you trying to tell me you...you swum here?" I ask, once again, flabbergasted. That's about the only emotion I've been feeling since we started talking. Aside from a deep fascination and an even deeper attraction.

She giggles again. "Well, more like floated through the current, but yes. What else do you expect a siren to do?" She asks, as if that's the most normal thing to ask. 

"Y-you think you're a siren? Like a mermaid?" My heart is pounding heavily in my chest. 

Yeah, her head has definitely taken a hard hit.

"No I don't think I am a siren. I know. 'Mermaid' is a derogatory term. Don't let me hear it from you again."

I blink. 

I blink again. 

I blink thrice. 

I honestly can't bring myself to speak. 

She sighs as if she's the one being inconvenienced. "Well, since you seem to have no interest in mating, show me to the place I will be washing." 

I shake my head again, my hair flopping this way and that, trying to get her words out of my mind. We'll get her washed up and then I'll take her to the hospital. I'll find some way.

I walk toward the bathroom and she follows. I open the door and realize in horror that I forgot to clean it. Luckily, the tub is pretty clean, so is the toilet. The countertops are littered with strange odds and ends, but all together it's not bad. In all honesty, it could be worse.