Chapter 8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nat POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of us were eating dinner when FRIDAY said that Peter is calling Tony. Tony answered his phone and everyone can see how pale he got. After the call ended he instantly told Bruce to get the med bay ready and called Cho to tell her the same. I was the first one to speak up after he ended the call with Cho. "What's wrong? Why do you need Cho and Bruce?"

"Peter called, apparently he and 'Shadow' were badly injured. Peter said that 'Shadow' has more life-threatening injuries while his injuries are more broken ribs and maybe internal bleeding." 

"First off can you stop doing air quotes every time you say Shadow? Second who the hell did they fight that they are both so badly injured. I mean we know Peter could be an Avenger if he wanted and Shadow seems like they can handle themself well enough." Clint asked a really good question that probably everyone was wondering themself about. Shadow themself weren't really well-known since most of the time they would flee the scene before the press or even the police would come. But Peter seems to be friends with them and he seems to trust them enough in fights, so that should mean they can fight. 

Tony interrupted my thoughts however before I could reach whatever I was trying to reach. "I don't know. He just said he needed two med bays and the state they were in." He stood up and went into the elevator, we all quickly followed him and went down to the med bays. We saw that both Bruce and Cho were ready and not long after I saw Peter swinging towards us. 

But as he came closer I was shocked at the state he and especially Shadow who was in his arms were in. Even though Shadow still had her suit and mask on, I couldn't see a single spot where there wasn't blood. Especially her face was covered in a massive amount of blood and even though some parts of the suit were damaged. Those parts revealed bruises and I could swear I could see a bone pocking through the suit somewhere.

Peter wasn't as badly hurt, at least from what I could see. But he did say he mostly only received broken ribs and internal bleeding, so I shouldn't be that surprised. As soon as Peter landed, I took Shadow from him and carried her into Bruce's lab. Bruce was shocked as well at the sight but started working on her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce tried his best to work on her injuries without removing any of her suit but soon noticed that that wouldn't be possible. So he slowly removed her suit and mask revealing her completely damaged face and body. He made sure that no one else was around before taking off her mask though since he knows from Peter about secret identities. He starts treating her injuries and it takes him around three whole hours to make sure she was ok. After those three hours, he put her mask back on and some hospital clothes and looked at how Cho and Peter were doing.

Cho started working on Peter and saw that most of his damage was not that bad. Some internal bleeding, but it wasn't anything major. She was done with Peter in just an hour, but he needed to stay in bed for another few hours. "You were lucky Peter that your broken ribs didn't pierce anything while you were swinging." Peter looked down at his hands while Cho was scolding him. "I know, I know. It's just... Shadow probably wouldn't have made it, if I had waited any longer for someone else." Cho sighs and looks at him. "God, kid. Someday you going to die because of something like this. I'm not saying what you did was wrong, you just need to be clear on the consequences that something like this can have." Peter looks up at her and just nods. "Anyways if you need something just tell me ok?" And with that, she left the room.

When Bruce came in Cho was checking up on Peter again. "Heyy Cho, how did it go?" "Good. The damage wasn't major luckily, so I was quickly done. What about you? Is Shadow ok?" Now Peter and Cho are looking at Bruce. "Yeah, she is ok. But she needs rest. Peter do you know if she has fast healing as you have?" Peter thought about it. He did recall her listing her powers to him. "I think so. Yeah, she should have, don't know how strong it is though." "Mhh ok I just keep checking up on her." 

Cho just looked between the two of them. "So... no one is going to mention the fact that Shadow is a girl?" Peter and Bruce looked at each other. "Mhh, oh yeah. Didn't think it was important though. I mean what does it matter." Bruce was surprised Peter was the one speaking up. 

"I mean it doesn't matter. Just a nice change of pace since most of the heroes are guys." All three of them talk a little bit more until both Cho and Bruce decided Peter needed some rest.