chapter 6

I had to read the text over and over again not believing what my mum had just sent to me. I was annoyed, hurt and most importantly in disbelief. Why would she leave me with him of all people, I didn't want to go back and I wouldn't go back.  I needed to clear my head and decided to go for a stroll at least to get myself together. I put on a grey hoodie with some black tights then some pink flip flops.

I walked down the block looking at each detail of each house from their colors, to their fences, the cars ,lawns and so on, I wanted literally anything to distract me.

I got tired and decided to rest and went to a nearby ice cream truck and got my favourite flavor, cookies and cream, nothing could beat that. I took a seat and looked at my surroundings, everything looked peaceful from the swaying trees in the wind, to the chirping birds, It made me feel like I didn't have a care in the world, I felt free.

I continued licking my ice cream until someone came to sit beside me,I turned my head to see Ryan.

"Hi Ryan, guessed we bumped into each other after all" I said while smiling

Ryan raised a quizzical brow and he spoke up, "umm I think you're mistaking me for someone else" the guy explained.

"How could I? You're Ryan Peters, we saw two days ago, you helped me and ___" I stopped midway in my sentence. I then noticed the guy had brown hair unlike Ryan who had black, it then hit me that he wasn't Ryan instead it was that boy Jenny was talking to the other day in the park.

"Ummm I'm so sorry, thought you were someone else" I said. To be honest him and Ryan could pose as twins.

"No prob, guess I'm one of those faces" came his reply and he smiled.

I just smiled and continued licking my ice cream and mentally face palmed myself for being so stupid.

"But anyways I'm Jordan" he finally spoke up "nice meeting you though".

I looked up to meet his gaze and gosh he was breath taking,exact same features as Ryan, grey eyes, freckles and all what not, I wandered if they were related in any way but if they were he would have told me that you're confusing me for my brother or cousin, guess they weren't. I gathered my thoughts together and finally spoke up.

"I'm Skye, nice to meet you too" I felt like talking so I did, I didn't have a topic in particular just random stuff.

"Butterscotch huh" he raised a quizzical brow at me then I pointed to his ice cream. He then understood.

"Yeah, you can never go round with it, it's my favorite flavor. He said

"Oh really?, I think you got it all wrong, have you ever experienced the sweet sensation of cookies and cream" I said "it's like da best, I strongly advice you go change your fav ice cream flavor"

He smirked, "I really think reverse is the case young lady, and indeed I have tried cookies and cream buttttttttt it's nothing compared to butterscotch"

I pretended as if I was deeply offended and we both ended up laughing. We kept on talking about random stuff that I didn't know when time passed by so quickly.

I told Jordan I needed to go home soon after and he simply smiled and waved me off. He was such a nice guy.

**********
When I got home, grandma was already there, she was in the kitchen and what she was cooking could make mouth's water from miles. I excitedly skipped to her.

"What's the best grandma in the world cooking?" I said while giving her a peck.

"Ohh nothing much" came her reply "Just pasta with my special sauce that you love so much" like her statement made me happy, I hugged and thanked her.

Soon enough the food was ready and I was already gobbling down mine like a beast who hasn't been fed for days. I had already planned on telling grandma that I wanted to stay with her instead of with my dad.

I decided to speak up but grandma beat me to it and what she told me next was going to decide my future.

A/N: thanks everyone for reading my book, it really means so much to me, sorry I haven't being doing authors note but I'll try to being doing them.,I guess y'all wandering what Skye's grandma has to say, continue reading to find out. please
like,
vote
and
comment.