chapter 8

Recap
"Honey who was at the door" came a shrill voice. And out came a young woman from the kitchen. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. She looked like she was in her twenties.

The woman had waist length blonde hair which I believed were extensions with dark purple tips. Her eyes were wild and purple? I had to look closer to see they were contacts. She was approximately my height, maybe just a bit taller.She wore a grey button up shirt but her first three buttons were undone making her oversized assets show which I didn't quite like complimented with a very short blue pencil skirt, hands down she could pose as a prostitute, in my opinion.

"This is my daughter Skylar"said my dad. "I told you about her the other day"

"Oohh nice to meet you dearie," she said to me "I love your hair, it reminds me of ketchup," hah ha very funny I saw what she did there because I had red hair , i actually didn't know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment but I thanked her anyway.

"And you're?" I asked.

"Oh honey, she's my girlfriend" said my dad, "her name is Annalise, we met some days back in a bar and I guess we had an instant connection". Then he looked at her lovingly. One word, "gross".

I just couldn't believe what my dad had just said. "Instant connection" like what the actual heck, like that alone creeped me out plus did he just say girlfriend, I couldn't believe my ears, I had to be in an alternate universe. I was pissed off, my mum left not quite long and he just brings in a new woman.

"Why dad?, Why did you let mum leave then you bring in someone who could pose as my older sister, I don't understand you, I never did and I never will" I said

I stiffled a nice to meet you to her and went to my room not wanting to look at any of them. I couldn't deal with all this right now. I slammed my room door shut and locked it, slumped on my bed and wore my headphones. I increased the volume to the max and listened to my favourite songs, I needed to relax my nerves before I exploded. I was a huge fan of Ed Sheeran, Ariana grande and Shawn Mendez so my playlist was mostly made up of their songs. I started with no tears left to cry by Ariana grande because apparently the song just described my mood plus apparently I was tired of being weak and crying. I started singing out loud and to be honest I could pose ast the next American idol.

"I'm picking it up, picking it up, I'm loving, am living am picking it up, something something something" that's me singing along to the song, when I didn't know a part I replace it with the word "something" or I hummm. I enjoyed every song I listened to which was ten in total. Overall, music could soothe the soul.

****
I decided to finally come out of my room and I saw Annalise sitting in the living room, watching TV. I wondered where dad was.

"Umm please, where's my dad?, I asked her

"He went to get groceries" she replied not sparing me a glance.

"Oh" was the only thing I said. I was a little surprised cause my dad never did groceries so this seemed new to me. Everything seemed strange about him lately.

As I was about to head to the kitchen, Annalise spoke up but still not looking my way.

"So you ran away huh, wonder why you came back, your dad told me everything anyway so let me cut to the chase, I like your dad and I'm pretty sure he's into me too I don't want a little twerp like you to get in the way so I want you to be umm what's the word, yeah I got it .."to be good", no funny business plus do not get in my way and I'm pretty sure we would be become friends before you know it" she then turned her head and smacked her lips.

Like who did she think she was and what did she mean by funny business and not get in her way, was I a potiential threat to her?. But her warning awakened the inner demon in me, I wanted to make her frustrated and annoy her, because I didn't like her, no one should take the place of my mum even though my father was an inconsiderate and a sorry excuse for a man doesn't mean someone could just waltz in here and take her place.

"Fine, I wouldn't, we would make great friends in future" came my reply with a smirk.

A/N: Thanks you guys for all your reads, almost 200views wohooo.
In the story I feel Annalise just gave Skye her terms so that there'll be peace between them but apparently Skye wants trouble. Read to find out more. I was thinking whether to write in another person's point of view. Maybe I'll do it in the next chapter. Highlights on the maybe.
Toodles ✨