Girl Talk

Y/N's POV

The train ride home from work seemed to drag on. The whole day seemed to drag on and on. I was tired from work, but nothing a shot of espresso can't fix. There was a coffee shop around the corner from my apartment. When I got off the train I would stop there quick for a little pick me up. I didn't want to be tired during my date, or worse cranky from lack of energy.

Even though it was a date, I was going to ask him about those private eyes he knows. They would be extremely helpful, and maybe with a referral from one of the top heroes I would get a discount. It was a long shot but I could at least say I tried.

Although I didn't even know what kind of date this was going to be. Were we going to dinner? Karaoke? Walking on the beach? What should I wear? Should I dress up? If so how dressy do I dress? He didn't tell me much about what he wants to do.

I needed to calm down, and what better way to calm down than with a coffee. The line wasn't very long.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was a text from Midoriya.

Midoriya(Deku💚)

I am finishing up with patrol. Are you

done at work?

Yes, I am. I am on my way home.

I'll pick you up, send me you address.

Sure, but can I ask what we are going to be

doing tonight?

I was thinking about taking you to

dinner. Then maybe a walk on the

beach? Would that be okay?

Absolutely.

I was so infatuated with my phone that I didn't even notice I was next in line. I rushed up to the counter. "I'm sorry. Could I get a medium iced mocha made with coconut milk?" I decided to treat myself with something other than a plain coffee.

Waiting at the counter for my order Midoriya messaged me again.

Midoriya(Deku💚)

Im off of patrol and on
the train. I will be there
Soon.

Okay. See you soon.

I didn't have much time to get ready. I already had an idea of what I was going to wear. It was a simple sundress. Nothing too fancy but nothing too casual.

On the way back to my apartment a thought occurred to me. "Why is he taking me out to dinner if her was so annoyed with the press? Oh no, if they see us together then we will be all over the tabloids!"

I didn't know if I wanted to be in the tabloids again. It was the talk of the office today. My boss was getting annoyed that everyone was talking about me. Not only them but people from other departments. They all had questions and wanted to know everything, even though there wasn't much to tell.

It wasn't just the office either. Mom, Naoko and even my brother Kenji all messaged me asking me what was going on. Mom was asking me about when I was going to give her grandchildren, Naoko was angry I hadn't told her, and Kenji was just amazed I even had a "boyfriend" let alone a big league hero like Deku.

None of them believed me when I told him that I had just met him. They all said that I was hiding it and we got sloppy and blew it right in front of a reporter.

To be honest if I did have a boyfriend I wouldn't hide it from them. It's not like I have much else going for me. I didn't inherit a quirk like my siblings. Kenji inherited my fathers electrical manipulation quirk, and Naoko inherited my moms aura manipulation. I was always fighting for attention growing up. So if I had a big league hero boyfriend I would make sure they knew.

Thinking about it, that makes me feel a bit shallow. It didn't matter if he was a hero or just a normal guy. As long as I loved him it was okay. I just wanted to make my family jealous of something that I had that they never could have.

Maybe I am shallow.

Then again I didn't tell any of them that he asked me out. If Naoko found out after the fact she would be so angry, she loves to talk about that kind of stuff with me. She is always asking me if I'm going on dates or if I had met someone. Since she got married we haven't been as close, so her wanting to be in my circle in that aspect isn't all that strange and she could just be looking out for me. She of all people knows how gullible I am and that I don't always see red flags.

Maybe I should call her. I was itching to have a little girl talk with someone and share my excitement. I pulled out my phone and dialed her number.

It rang for a bit. She was probably busy with the baby.

"Hey y/n, what's up." I could hear the baby crying in the background.

If she was dealing with a tantrum I didn't want to interfere. "Oh hey, Naoko. I'm sorry, I can talk later. It sounds like you have your hands full."

"Oh no, please talk. It gives me an excuse to hand him over to the husband." She sounded desperate.

I laughed "Well I am glad I can save you then."

"Give me one second." She set down her phone and called out for her husband to take the baby. They had a little spat, but when he found out she was on the phone he took the baby. "Okay, what's up"

"You good? Do you need a moment?" I asked.

"No, no, no, I'm good. You don't call often after work unless you had a terrible day."

It was true that I called her after work if it was a bad day. "Well it wasn't necessarily a bad day today. I actually have some news."

"Oh really? Would this have to do with a certain tabloid?" She teased.

Of course she would already know. "Yes and no."

"How so?" She questioned.

"Well this morning when that was taken we just ran into each other again, and well he helped me get to work really quick and he kinda asked me out." I explained.

She started squealing. "Oh my god, Y/N! You are going on a date with one of the top five heroes!"

I chuckled nervously. "Yeah I know. I'm actually really nervous."

"Don't be! He's a normal person who is attracted enough to you that he wanted to ask you out!" She paused. "When are you going out? This weekend?"

I also paused. "T-tonight." I mumbled.

"What? I didn't hear you" Now I had done it.

"Tonight." I said a little louder.

Now she was getting annoyed. "Oh for goodness sake y/n! Just tell me!"

"Tonight! We are going out tonight." I said that a little too loud.

"Tonight? What are you talking to me for then? Go get ready! But I want all the details later!" She quickly hung up the phone.

She was right I needed to get ready. I unlocked the door to my apartment and stepped inside.