Chapter 3 : The 1st teammate

POV Yume

I continued my way in the Easin Hills in the hope of finding some of the faces of the inhabitants. I fought the monsters that got in my way and saved eyes, noses, mouths and etc at the same time.

With my warrior job , it was pretty easy to fight a monster.

I continued to walk but I ended up facing 2 rockmoths. I tried to defeat them but when I attacked one, the second took the opportunity to hurt me. It was really difficult to manage.

If only there was someone to help me...

POV Liu

I walked through the Easin Hills to fight monsters and improve my magic skills, so I could show the others mages that I'm as powerful as them !

I noticed 2 rockmoths in the distance, they were perfect targets. But as I got closer to these monsters, I noticed a warrior who was around my age and she seemed to have a hard time defeating these monsters.

I got even closer to those butterflies and used the fire spell I knew best and it died before it disappeared and a pair of eyes flew out. The warrior looked at me puzzled, I didn't wanted to be mean but she looked like a beginner.

POV Yume

There was a boy standing the behind monster , he had blue hair , blue eyes and a white mark on his left cheek.

He was wearing a long dark blue and light blue dress and a witch hat.

He had a wand with a star on it , he used another fire spell and the other rockmoth died and the eyes flew out.

He impressed me a bit with his magic.

? : Are you okay ?

Me : I'm okay. Thank you for the help , your magic impressed me !

? : Really !? Umm... Thanks , I guess.

Me : Who are you ?

? : I'm Liu and I'm a mage. And what's your name ?

Me : My name is Yume and I'm a warrior !

Liu : You have a nice name. Anyways , what are you doing in these hills ? It's pretty dangerous , there's a lot monsters.

Me : I was searching faces and what about you ?

Liu : I was just training. Wait- What do you mean by searching faces ?

Me : Well... The Dark Lord attacked the town where I was and many people got their faces stolen and I have to find their faces.

Liu : The Dark Lord ? You mean an enormous and weird person with a purple cloat and a blue skin ?

Me : You know him ?

Liu : I never saw him but he's very known and some people who survived his attack were able to describe him.

Me : I see.

Liu : Once the faces are back where they should be, what do you plan to do ?

Me : I will defeat the Dark Lord and save Miitopia.

Liu : Damn... Your goal is really out of the ordinary... But I think it's cool ! Do you think I could join you in this quest?

Me : Of course you can ! I think it would be so much easier together.

He was about to say something when the Divine spirit's voice makes himself heard.

The Divine Spirit : Ho ho ! So , you're both stills in one piece , eh ?

Liu : Who's that !?

Me : Relax , Liu. It's the Divine Spirit, they're talking to us through the charm I wear.

Liu : A divine spirit ? I think I've already read something in a book about this type of spirit... It's nice to meet you, Divine Spirit.

Divine Spirit : Nice to meet you too , my child. Anyways , back to what I was saying... You and Liu should get to know each other as your journey. The deeper your friendship , the more power you will become ! Bon voyage , ho ho !

After that , we continued our way. We walked again and again, it was getting dark, fatigue was felt.

Me : Whew... So tired...

Liu : Me too... I'm wondering how long I can last..

I looked around us and noticed a big building with a large sign saying "INN".

Me : Look ! An inn !! C'mon , let's pop in for some rest !

I started to run towards the inn, in a hurry to be able to sleep followed by Liu who had trouble running because of his long dress.

When we were at the inn, we payed for a room of 4 with the 200 G that I received and the 20 G that Liu had on him. We had no choice but to take the room for 4 because it was the only one left. We also pay for catering and luckily what we paid was valid at all inns in Greenhorne.

After payed it , we got the keys of our room. We went to our room and put all our things away.

Afterwards, we took the pajamas made available which were in the closet and we went to change in the bathroom each in turn. And when we were both in pajamas, we lay down on our own bed (we don't sleep in the same bed , eh-). I wanted to talk a little bit with Liu but I noticed that he had already fallen asleep. I sighed and ended up falling asleep in the arms of Morpheus.