Chapter 6 : Towards the castle

POV Yume

Since we've already explored all Easin Hills and the forest , we decided to go to the Riverdeep Cavern since we hadn't been here yet and the last face is probably in a place that we didn't explored yet.

In this cavern , we met a monster we never saw before , it was a banshee. The banshee hurt quite a lot when it hits but the worst part is that it can make us cry and therefore blur our vision, which is not practical for attacking but we had managed to get out of this cavern safe and sound and we had arrived at a place where there was a view of a large castle.

Me : Only one more face to find now.

Kamya : What an ordeal...

Liu : Think the last one will go smoothly ?

Kamya : Yeah but... What if a big scary boss monster jumps out at us ?

Mei : Girl , why'd you have to say that ?

Me : *sigh*   But don't worry... everything will be fine.

Liu : We hope !

After that quick discussion , we continued to walk but then... The Dark Lord suddenly appeared just in front of us before laughing.. I still remember the last time...

The Dark Lord : So we meet again !

Me : Urk !

The Dark Lord : Hmph. Pathetic... It's even not worth the effort to crush you myself.  This should be enough to finish you off !

He made a small monster that looked like him appear with a pitchfork and he also made the missing face appear.

The Dark Lord : That pile of stone must be Greenhorne castle , yes ?

I heard Mei mumbling ; "Is he blind ? It's definitely is." and the Dark Lord Xeno seemed to have heard her because he glared at her before looking back at me.

The Dark Lord : And that useless king... I've got something special in store for him !

He laughed one more time before teleporting and the face merged with the Dark Lord-looking monster.

After a lot of attacks , the monster died and the face flew off like all the previous ones.

So we went back in the Greenhorne's town and the tradeswoman got her face back and to thanks us , she offered some Sharp Stew⭐.

After it , we went to talk to the mayor.

Dublous Mayor : What ? When did the town get back to normal ? Oh , that's good news. Very good news indeed !

Me : Umm... sorry to break your rejoicing but the Dark Lord is on his way to the Greenhorne castle..

Dublous Mayor :  No no no ! That's bad ! We're done for ! Adventurers , would you all go after the Dark Lord ?

We all nodded.

Dublous Mayor : Well then...

He handed us a letter.

Dublous Mayor : You will need to get in the castle. Oh and... please take care.

We went out of the town and walked towards the castle then we suddenly heard the sound of a horse in distress so we went to see what was going on.

There was a brown horse surronded by some goblins.

We fought the goblins to help the horse before continued our way.

And we finally noticed that the horse was following us and understood that he wanted to come with us , the horse became a member of our team and we decided to call him "Cacao" because of his brown fur.