Chapter 1: Small Talk, Lost Thoughts

. . .

"You're a great doctor, Tsuyuri— But the way you treat your patients is really given us some problems." The chief of the hospital explained, "having those mad patients in our hospital is causing some bad reputation..."

"..."

.
.
.

"Find another job, that's what you should think about first." A young-looking male spoke, his purple gaze is locked upon his painting despite talking to someone.

"New job?" Tsuyuri questioned.

"You're smart, aren't you?" He paused to wash his brush in the water, and for once in 10 minutes of their conversion, he turn his gaze towards the girl, "finding another job wouldn't be a problem for you."

Tsuyuri paused for a second, then suggest "...A therapist?"

The movement stopped as he turned his attention fully on her.

"Are you serious? There's no way any hospital would hire you as a therapist." The male let out a sigh and changed his position to face the girl. "Can't you see? Dealing with emotions is not your thing...No matter how smart or talented you are, making someone 'explode' their emotions is not how this field works."

"...I guess I'm quite selfish, am I?"

No more words were exchanged between the two, the clock strikes 9 at night as the female gets up from her seat.

"Thank you, Yushiro-san."

A cool breeze sweeps through her hair as she walks through the streets. She walks until she reaches the bridge.

She has some memorable moments here, including her witness of a man trying to suicide. Pausing her step, she looked at the spot where she and the man stand. The only difference is: that the man is trying to die, and she is not.

The time is close to eleven o'clock, the female looked around before taking her shoes off. She climbs up to the handle of the bridge and just...stands there.

She watches as the river below her reflects the light from the street. She stared at something, but at nothing, she is just standing there and staring. Her long hair danced with the gentle breeze, brushing past her beautiful, yet tiring face.

Suddenly, as if she has decided something, gets back down from the edge and put her shoes back on. She continued her way back to her home.

On her way back, she hears sirens. She gets closer and saw the polices standing there, unarmed. There is another man standing in front of the polices and is trying to convince someone. That someone is a man holding a little girl hostage.

She squeezes towards the crowd to get a clearer view. There are chatters going on around her, and the man who is a Hostage Negotiator is still trying to talk to the man. The girl that is threatened by the man is crying to the point of shaking.

"DON'T MOVE!" The man shouted he waves his hand that is armed with a gun at every angle that stand the police.

He breathes some heavy breaths before he spoke again, "I am tired of this life!! I am tired of this society!!!"

He is just like her, he is tired. Tsuyuri knows that he wanted to end himself, but he feels the need to kill someone before he does so. Just how twisted his mindset is, she is the only one who sees it. He wants to kill himself, he wants to kill someone to let out his frustration and anger, and he wants to be remembered.

'Why not?' She suddenly thought, 'why not kill two birds with one stone?'

She walks up to the police and steals his gun, without anyone noticing it. She checks to see if there are bullets before getting ready to perform her act.

She is sure that he will be remembered, and so is she.

.

.

.

He didn't know what to think, he didn't know what he has just witnessed.

Takemichi's eyes are as wide as they can be, he was not expecting to witness such a scene on his way back home.

"Did she just..."

"No way!"

"She killed him!!!" " S-she shot herself..."

"Not in my life that I am expecting to see this...!"

Chatters and murmurs grew every second, the police are trying to calm the crowds down, yet they couldn't process what just happened either.

The reporters and journalists are trying to gain their spot by snapping photos and recording footage.

The scene is a mess.

Every movement she has done, he has watched. He doesn't know how she gets the gun, he doesn't know why she does that.

He watched as she point the gun toward the man, and shot him right in the head. He fell down to the floor as the little girl quickly escape. But he wasn't expecting the woman to slowly point the gun backward, now facing her own forehead.

The police and most of the crowd are too drawn toward the sudden death of the man that they failed to witness the next action the woman is going to take.

She is standing in front of an empty police car and shot herself with both hands holding onto the gun, pointing at her own forehead.

"BANG" is the sound being heard before the blood splatters. There are cries from the terror, there are murmurs and chatters. Some covered their eyes, some stare right at it with wide eyes.

He doesn't know what to think and neither are they.

.

.

.

"What are you doing?" A girl in high school uniform asked.

The man who is shivering while standing on the edge of the bridge is refusing to acknowledge her.

Seeing no reply is spoken from the man, the girl decides to take off her shoes and stand on the edge as well.

The man is shocked, he is also confused.

What he didn't notice is that his leg wasn't shaking anymore, "w-what are you doing?! It's dangerous-"

"It's really beautiful isn't it?" The girl cut off his word and spoke her praise, yet her face remained stoic.

"What?" The man questioned, he then looked up towards where the girl is looking at.

For the first time, he looked up, and he has seen one of the most beautiful sunsets he has ever see. He wouldn't dare to take his eyes off, because he is afraid of never seeing it again.

When the sun is fully set, the girl is gone. He doesn't know when she has left, but she is gone. The floor is left with one pair of shoes instead of two.

The man carefully gets off the edge and put on his shoes, he doesn't want to die now.

Thank you for reading!