Chapter 2: Oddball

Tsuyuri, a name she was given-- not from her mother, nor father. She prefers not to think about them. 

It was a young-looking man, who told her about the name. 

The way he said it sounded like he had known her for quite some time. 

"Tsuyuri?" 

"Sorry, slipped out of my mouth-"

"Is that my name?" 

"...Do you not have a name? Aren't you already being put in an orphanage?" 

"That will be my name."

"You didn't answer my question." 

She now goes by 'Tsuyuri', that's what everyone calls her. 

Tsuyuri rarely talked, she was known to be very quiet--but also quite a beauty. 

'What an empty shell', is how she is described. 

How long has she been living in the orphanage? Ah, yes, around 7 years. She was never adopted during her time there. The truth is, no one wanted her. 

Most parents would probably want an obedient, respectful child. Tsuyuri fits perfectly with that...maybe a bit overly "fitted". 

"Why isn't she eating?" or "All she does is just stare at me...it's not very comfortable (with the last part in a whisper)." 

"Give her some time." That is what the owner of the orphanage always says. 

A doll she is, her oddly quiet demeanor and dead, empty stares had backed some people off. Tsuyuri has realized that-- she knows it quite well. 

She has long given up on being adopted. Not that it matters to her anyway-- her life in the orphanage is already good enough for her, there's no more to ask for. 

"It doesn't matter...nothing matters to me anymore."

"Why not?"

The sudden question had caught the girl by surprise. She was never asked such a question...well, she never told people how she couldn't care less about what was happening around her and herself. 

An ideal answer? That would take some time-- her answer, right now to that question, is:

"I have nothing to lose." 

The boy wasn't expecting that. His blue eyes widen as his face begins to sweat-- one reason could be the answer itself, and two could be how the answer was spoken. 

There is no emotion. 

"Is that why... you want to suicide?" He asked again, sweaty palms still holding onto his grocery bags. "I mean, who would be sitting at the edge of the bridge at night time..." 

"Suicide...?"

The girl turns her blank gaze upon the boy. Who gives you that idea?

Messy blonde hair, most likely being dyed; sky-blue eyes, and...really, he is just a normal boy sent out to get groceries.