One

Rylan hopped up into the low hovering platform. It was a dark and cloudy night, so the moon was covered by a swath of clouds. Its glow was barely visible around the border of the clouds. A mist covered the ground, like a thick spider web, weaving its way around dead tree trunks. Pulling out his Cut-All knife, Rylan cut off the control panel's cover. Removing a green wire, he swapped it with a red one. He found a black wire and quickly touched it to a terminal and pulled it away. A slight grinding noise occurred to his right. Glancing that way, he saw the door had opened an inch. Holding the black wire to the terminal for longer this time and pulling it away again, the door now was open a foot. Pulling three marble sized metal balls from a pouch around his waist, he tossed each one through the door in a different direction. After pressing the yellow button on his wrist, he slipped silently in and glanced around the room. After rolling behind a pillar, he stood and peaked out.

All clear RG

Got it RB, heading in now

A slight noise emanated from the ceiling. He heard the slightest of thumping and saw a girl drop from a ceiling vent on top of a file container. Flipping down, she opened and scanned a file cabinet. He moved from his hiding place and set a small, flat, black bow on top of a container. A percentage sign on the top showed the upload status and the download status. He was uploading all the information to a hard drive and downloading a timed virus at the same time.

I got the info we need RB, let's head out if the download is done.

All done RG, let's get out of here

He felt a buzz on his wrist and he glanced at his wrist controller. A yellow button was flashing on the screen. He turned to see the girl snatching the small metal balls from the ground and hopping back up on the file cabinet. She nodded to him and climbed into the air vent once again.

Slipping out the door, he first grabbed the black box from on top of the computer.

Downloaded the footage to the computer and scanned the papers to make a better quality image.

Got it, meet you at the drop point.

Okay.

Rylan slipped into the forest and jogged until he reached a small lake. Floating on the surface was a small island made from metal. A shadowy form stood on it.

Flipping in now RB.

Same goes for me.

Simultaneously, two forms leapt to the island. The person jumped, surprised by the sudden greeting.

"Okay, well you sure arrived on time. You got the info?"

You do the talking? I did it last time...

The girl glared at the boy and started talking.

"First, we have some questions for you. In order to receive the information, we need to verify it is our client. Answer each question to the best of your ability. If you answer incorrectly, we will assume this is a setup, kill you, and leave. Do not waste our time. Understand?"

"Well, okay, umm, sure-"

"Great, let's get started. What Clan are you from?"

"Clan 15 out of the twenty Clans, also known as C15."

"Why do you need this information?"

"To wage war against the Clan above us as is in accordance with the laws of the twenty Clans."

"No other Clan is pressuring you, or paying to do this?"

"No other Clan is pressuring me or paying me to do this."

"You will not give this information to any other Clan?"

"Neither me nor my Clan will."

"Now to some more personal questions. What is your middle name?"

"Jake."

"What is your favorite food?"

"Hamburgers and fries."

"What is your Clan's personal name?"

There was a hesitation, then he grew angry. "You wouldn't know that, and I would not be so easily tricked into giving it away!"

"He doesn't know it." They both drew their knives and stepped forward forcing him to the edge of the little island. The menacing knives both flickered on, sparks dancing from their electrified blades.

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you. It is Familia Oritur! Now let me forward; and sheath your knives!"

Backing up and standing back with her sparking knife held casually in hand she said, "Well, you got all the questions right, where is our payment?"

"Give me the information, and I will give you the payment."

"Fair, you give the payment to RB, and I will give the information to him. Then he will swap his hands, and we will each take what we need."

"Okay..." Pulling a small sack from his pocket, he handed it to Rylan at the same time as the girl handed two black boxes to her partner. Rylan handed the sack to the girl and the boxes to the man.

"Great, see you guys later." The man tried to jump onto the hoverboard behind him, but the duo each grabbed one of his arms and slammed him to the ground. Rylan held him there while the girl dumped the fake gold into the pond, where it immediately dissolved.

"Well, you obviously have a very low view of a spy, if you think I can't feel fake gold by its weight. Others have tried it." Reaching into his pocket again, she drew out an identical bag, but this one was twice the size. "This is obviously the bag you meant to give us, right? Double the payment will keep C15 safe from all possible errors or slips that could have occurred along the way." She said with a sinister smile.

You can let him up.

"That was totally the bag I meant to give you, it must have slipped my mind." He replied with a nervous laugh. "The way you two act in unison with no sound, it's like you have some kind of telepathy." With that he stood and zoomed off, not looking back once. The boy and girl stared after him and smiled in unison.