Fourteen

Rayla groaned. It was four in the morning and something was buzzing in the other room. She opened her eyes, but only as she recognised the sound did her gaze sharpen so she could see. She jumped quickly out of bed and met Rylan, who was also exiting his room at the same time. They walked over to their island and stared at the buzzing black box on the countertop. It was identical to the one they had given Davis earlier that day, or...yesterday.

"Wow, he is really annoyed. He has pressed it like ten times by now."

Tyla disable the alert box we gave Davis. And make sure he knows it is disabled too. Now, Rylan, are we going to help him?

I thought we made a plan for this. We were going to help him.

Okay, just making sure we are still in the same boat. Let's go.

They made their way back to the location of C9, but slower because they were tired.

Rayla, I told you we should have brought the hover bed. I could have slept the entire way here

No! I still can't believe you made that, it is so not practical for our missions!

What are you talking about, it would stop me from being tired now.

But, like then why not just stay in bed and wait to respond?

Because you are pushy and wanted to go right away, if I had the bed I could-

Shush, we are here!

They have arrived. They were immediately let in and silently led to Davis's office. He was still slightly red, presumably from yelling.

"I want you to go back and gather the files we need!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down," Rylan started, "we don't even know what is going on. We delivered the files unopened, like you asked, remember?"

Davis calmed considerably, "The files you brought us referenced an abundance of other files, which is definitely too much for our spy. We want you to go in and gather them." He pushed forward two sheets of paper. "Here is the list." Rayla picked them up and skimmed through it. She whistled through her teeth as she looked at the other side.

"This is quite a few files, not the same as before. We will charge double the payment this time. We gave you a discount as a first time buyer last time, but not now."

"Yes, and we are prepared to pay anything you would ask...to a certain extent."

"Yup, and when do you want these?"

"As soon as you can."

"Great, then we will take these lists and see you later" They stood and walked out. They slammed items into bags and rushed to the jet, set the location and tried to get some sleep.

They woke just as they were arriving. They placed the jet in the same place as before. The brush hid their jet from the view of the cottage.

"Okay, so we filled in the holes that we took last time, and we would not like to enter the same way twice so we are going to have to go with the plan you came up with." Rayla sighed and put on her helmet.