Eight

They exploded in laughter when they entered the cave once again.

"Did you see his face when I told him about the timer! That was the funniest thing in the world."

"I like how you added the part about the timer! It made it even more crazy! I think he actually believed it!"

I think that was enough for the microphones and cameras, just laugh every once and awhile.

Oh, my goodness, do you remember Project Donut....

We do not talk about that, I was way too young to be in control of that sort of tech.

What! You were smart enough to make the tech, you were plenty responsible.

Umm..you think I was responsible when i came up with something like Project Donut?!?!

Point taken.

They lapsed into silence the rest of the way home. They bypassed the city by taking a quick left then passing under a small stone arched bridge.

When they entered the forest Rayla spoke:

Okay they are on our trail, let's do it around this bend.

Okay.

They made a sharp curve and both did a u turn when they reached twin giant trees, one on each side of the trail. They extended razor sharp six inch spikes from their shoes that cut like butter through the tree when they flipped backwards onto the tree, holding themselves by their core for three seconds while waiting. Then a silent person crept around the turn in the trail. At the same moment the RRs lifted their arms, leapt down and pressed the button on the device they held. Half of an electrical net leapt from each of the devices, creating a cage around their prisoner. He growled in rage.

Rayla lowered her arm, but the net stayed. "Okay, I thought we told your leader not to let anyone follow us, but you know what I don't think you are going to listen if we just ask you nicely to go home. So we are going to lock you into the hoverboard that will drive you home and by that time we will be long gone" Rylan had already begun attaching him to a hoverboard he had expanded from a three inch by four inch black rectangle from his backpack. The man glared at him as he saw Rylan walk easily through the electrical net. The man turned to run, but bounced back when he touched the net. He fell to the ground, groaning in pain.

"Oh. Sorry, I should have mentioned that. He can go through it, but you can't."

By this time he was locked onto the hoverboard, and Rayla set the destination on her wrist.

"I have at least twenty trackers on this hoverboard so if you pull one out then the other ones still work. It will also alert me if you deactivate any of them." Then the hoverboard started up and away. They continued walking the trail, looping back the way they had come. When they reached their cave they stopped and waited for Tyla to open the door.

Say the password.

Tyla, if you keep making me say this I'm going to disable you.

That's not it....hey you changed it!! I'm switching it back!!

Nope, I said the password so you have to open the door!! Haha

The door swung violently open and they marched in. Standing in the middle of the living room Rylan shot a rope to the ceiling, leaving marks like the hundreds of others once there. He held on to Rayla as she placed her feet very specifically in the right place and pressed a button on her wrist. The floor shot out from under them and they dropped very fast twenty feet straight down. Rylan pressed the button to stop them when they were only two inches off the ground. He pressed the button and the rope would back up again into his wrist controller. They found themselves in a lit room, with cave walls. There is a large table in the middle of the room and shelves lining the walls.

Okay guys so I made you a list of all the stuff I think you should bring.

What! Tyla, you did not put it in the bags for us?!

Haha, NO

They immediately begin packing. Rylan pulled out his normal spying clothes, but Rayla shook her head, pressing her lips together.

"This is one of the highest ones we have done, if we are going to do it we are going to do it for.....them. Please...let's use the traditional ones."

Rylan looked down and nodded. He puts the clothes back and takes out an older looking pair. Zooming over to one shelf after the next Rayla gathered the stuff Tyla was displaying on her contacts. As the RRs gathered the stuff though, it seemed the list was not getting smaller but bigger.

Ahh, Tyla what is going on, you just told me I had five things on my list, but now I see twenty.

Well, you see I'm finding more stuff to add as I'm going through the list again.

Okay, stop going through the list and locate C3, please.

It is just where you left it after the..uhh..incident.

Wait, what? Rylan walked over to the map that was projected in mid air. He looked for the red dot that indicated where C3 was currently located.

Come over here Rayla. This may be even bigger than we thought.

What!

They have stayed in the exact same location. They have not moved once in the past five years. The only reason they would have done that is if something big was going on.

Okay, let's get moving, the sooner we get there the sooner we find out.

They finished cramming tech and supplies into their bags and walked over to a large curtained off area of the room. The RRs swung their bags into the two person glistening black jet that was seated there. They hopped into the seats that faced opposite directions and fired up the engines. The roof slowly closed, and they snapped their visors shut. The jet lifted off and they set off to the C3 base.