Two

I sigh as I get far enough from the castle. What the hell were they even staring at and why? Did the noise bother them or something? Did they think I was disrespecting Nico and Sanji? I feel a bit of anger start to boil up inside of me. I bet Mrs. Yule got to them, gossiping like usual, uppity bitch. I bite the inside of my lip again.

Today is nice, there's a nice cool breeze to help fight against the warmth of the day. The smooth stones of the road feel nice underneath my feet, extremely different from the smooth floor and paths of the castle and its garden. The town is noisy and busy as always which helps me relax a bit. I don't mind the quiet, but it's always a nice refresher to hear a bit of noise. It's like two different worlds.

I hear hushed whispers and notice a few people staring as I get further into the town, it's only a bit bothersome. I'm used to it a bit when I come into town but that's when I'm with Nico, being by myself I guess I can fully feel all the attention that's on me.

"Look at what she's wearing. She definitely has some money." One says.

"She's from the castle, look at the color of the jewelry." Another responds. "That must mean the Queen is close by."

("Upper Class" Look)

Nico has always told me to talk to them all but honestly I find it hard to do, what if they don't want to talk to me or anything along those lines

Nico has always told me to talk to them all but honestly I find it hard to do, what if they don't want to talk to me or anything along those lines. I continue to walk in silence as I get further in, taking in everything; the sights, the smells, the feeling of being out.

I love it, I feel free.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn, scared. "Ma'am, can you come with me?" So much for my alone time.

The guy dressed in the same type of fancy clothing as Sanji was. Is he having his men hunt me down? Isn't he supposed to be worrying about his meeting with Nico? "Sorry, I have somewhere to be." I move from underneath his grasp. "Excuse me."

I hurry away from him, scanning for a place to go to that he won't follow me to, any place will work. "But..." he starts but he stops talking. I look back, he seems a bit confused but I'm not going anywhere.

The smell of cinnamon, sugar and apples hits me and I look around for where it's coming from and I spot it. It's a small shop with a sign covered in cursive scarlet letters that reads The Scarlet Cafe. I keep my eyes glued on the sign, drowning everything else out around me. Don't stop for anything, this doesn't feel right.

I push the door open and shut the door behind me quickly, letting out a sigh of relief. Hopefully he'll just leave me be. "Welcome dear!" An old lady from behind the counter says, placing a pie down behind the glass, the steam still oozing from the open holes in it. "What can I help you with today?"

I glance around but before I can even say anything I hear the door open and my body freezes as the eyes rest on me. "Y/N, please come with me. It's an order." God dammit.