chapter one

I woke up the next day, Thursday 5 November 2013, feeling uncomfortable at the fact that Lily was quiet all the way to school because usually she's hyper and smiling, but no, this morning she was quiet.
Not quiet as in she's tired; as in there's something she's not telling me, not just her, my parents and Anna too.

I'm just wish it's not what I'm thinking about.

We arrived to school and I was about to say goodbye to Thomas and Lily until she told me with worried eyes "Noor before you go, take care"

Why were they acting all like that?

I started school normally trying to forget what happened earlier and trying to ignore the thoughts in my head.

I spent my day ignoring almost everyone including my bestfriends which made me feel slightly guilty but i can't help but think over and over again about what happened yesterday.

our school wasn't close to our home, it was a 30 minutes drive so I had fully time to ask Lily what was happening on our way back.

Finally, school has ended and i went to the bus we usually take and was about to ask lily about everything. I started "Lily what's-" but I was interrupted by my vibrating phone. it was mom.

"hey mom" I spoke casually but when I heard her crying, I knew, I knew what she was going to tell me.

And then, Its like everything stopped, I wasn't hearing anything anymore. Even though i kind of knew what she was going to tell me, I wasn't ready at all to hear it. I didn't even reply when she told me "Noor, may his soul rest in peace"