𝟓𝟔

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

▕  Isabella strikes again

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX☼▕  Isabella strikes again ▏

. . .

Anastasia paced the entryway near the door, her hands twitching by her sides. Harry painfully watched her, his eyes scanning her angelic appearance like always.

She had braided her hair back into two dutch braids with baby hairs out on both sides of her ears. She was dressed in a pair of low-waisted jeans and a red top that was cut high showing a sliver of her stomach. Converse decorated her feet although she was still in the house.

There was a sudden, deafening roar from somewhere nearby. The darkness seemed to be rippling, the air itself quivering.

Then, one by one, figures began to pop into sight as their Disillusionment Charms lifted. Dominating the scene was Hagrid, wearing a helmet and goggles and sitting astride an enormous motorbike with a blacksidecar attached. All around him other people were dismounting from brooms and, in two cases, skeletal, black-winged horses.

Anastasia stopped her pacing as Harry wrenched the door open, revealing their newest visitors. James had appeared next to Anastasia, Lily was already waiting with the others at the Burrow.

A smile graced her lips and eased her nerves as Ron came hurdling into the doorway and into Harry's arms.

"Hello, Harry!" Hagrid said brightly as Ron switched from Harry to Anastasia and Hermione greeted Harry next.

"You've gotten taller on me, Ronniekins." Anastasia teased, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Ron scrunched his nose playfully and pulled away from the hug. "Seems to me like you've shrunk." He chuckled as Ana smacked his shoulder.

"You're looking fit," Hagrid commented.

Anastasia and Hermione squealed as they wrapped each other in the biggest hug and swayed side to side for a moment.

"Yeah, he's absolutely gorgeous," Moody grumbled, hobbling in with his large cane. "What say we get undercover before someone murders him?"

"Hate to break it to you Moody Man but he's taken." Anastasia joked, marching after the older man. He cast her a glare over his shoulder but she simply beamed back at him with her straight white teeth.

Harry led them all back into the kitchen where, laughing and chattering, they settled on chairs, sat themselves upon Lily's gleaming work surfaces, or leaned up against her spotless appliances

Anastasia glanced at all the people around her in the room: Mr. Weasley, Bill, Fleur, Tonks, Marlene, James, Remus, Hermione, Ron, Leo, Mad-Eye, Fred, George, and Hagrid.

She felt a warm hand slide its fingertips across the bare skin showing beneath her shirt. She glanced up and saw Harry by her side. He fully wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her into his side and she leaned her head on the side of his arm.