VIII

It was early in the morning; they were at the airport with tickets in hand getting ready to board the plane.

— What's wrong, darling? —asked Peter when he saw Y/N moving her leg up and down repeatedly.

— I-I'm a little nervous —she smiled, rubbing her hands together— I haven't been on a plane in a long time.

— Relax! —He tried to say more but didn't know what else to say, as he was also very nervous. In the "old world" he had never had reason to get on a plane and now he was going to fly with his wife, there were too many feelings that were coming together.

It was time to board, they were assigned their seats in first class and settled in.

Y/N once in her seat she calmed down, she no longer moved her leg and her face looked calm, but, just as she calmed down, the nervousness and anxiety in him, increased.

The plane took off and Peter's stomach couldn't take it.

— I'll be right back, honey —he told her as he got up and went to the bathroom, without waiting for an answer.

He entered the bathroom and kneeling in front of the toilet to avoid making a mess, he regurgitated everything he had eaten for breakfast. It was a horrible feeling that was going through his body at that moment. He couldn't stop himself, he even feared he would throw up in his own stomach.

Finally, his body gave him a break and he was able to get up to look in the mirror and notice that he had very light dark circles under his eyes. He hadn't noticed them before. He remembered himself with totally dark circles under his eyes, but in that instant, his dark circles were just a shade darker than his skin tone.

He flushed the toilet, rinsed his mouth, and left the bathroom. He almost shuffled to his seat and slumped into it.

— My God, Peter, you look pale! Are you okay?

— Yes, I'm better now —a big lie. He felt terrible, he couldn't remember the last time he had been so dizzy that he had vomited, and it was an experience he hoped not to repeat.

He closed his eyes for a moment and felt his body move slowly. When he opened them, he found a Y/N very close to his face reclining the seat.

— So, you can rest, are you still dizzy? —she asked as she touched the button to call the stewardess.

— A little...

The woman arrived and Y/N asked for a bottle of water, juice, a blanket, and a pillow.

Peter placed his forearm over his eyes to cover them and try to calm his body, as well as try to lessen the new feeling of discomfort that was being born: his wife Y/N was worrying about his health and taking care of him. He was always more than willing to attend to Y/N, but now it was the opposite, and he didn't find it pleasant.

— Darling? —her soft voice made him uncover his eyes in surprise.

— Did you call me " darling"? —he was very happy to hear his wife call him by a tender nickname, and he couldn't hide it.

— I... —her face started to turn red, which caused a slight tender smile on his face— sorry, it just came out...

— No need to apologize, darling —he said caressing her cheek, feeling it warm.

— Drink this —she said showing him a couple of pills and a bottle of water.

Peter obeyed what she indicated, noticing how she took out a bag for motion sickness. He couldn't help but feel embarrassed, he didn't want her to see him at that moment in case his stomach betrayed him.

He swallowed the medicine with difficulty, he felt like he would vomit again, but Y/N's hands; one on his back and one on his stomach, relaxed him enough so that whatever went into his body, stayed in there.

His wife's hands caressing him sweetly made him happy and he wanted to make that sound so characteristic of cats, but he couldn't as if his body didn't know how to do it, as if he didn't have in him, that which allows him to imitate the purring of cats.

— Sleep, Peter —Y/N told him— I can wake you up when we land.

— Thanks, darling —he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

A hand gently stroking his cheek woke him up.

— We're here —Y/N announced, smiling.

— So fast?

— Peter, you slept well all the way.

Although he felt like he hadn't slept at all, he felt better. They got off the plane and arrived on time at the Las Vegas offices of the company that had called Peter.

Y/N could not enter the meeting he was supposed to be at, as she was not an employee of the company, but Don allowed her to be in the waiting room, outside the conference room.

After clarifying who would go to which hotel and introducing himself to the hotel owners, he handed over their passes for everything they would need during their stay.

With the meeting over, Don approached Peter.

— I'm glad you decided to bring her —he said matter-of-factly as if they were good friends— Have you told her about the divorce or do you plan to tell her here so I can comfort her as we had discussed?

Was it true what he was hearing, did his boss know about his "divorce" and was he willing to hand his wife over to him as if she were an object? He raised his fist ready to hit Don but didn't expect him to be quicker and stronger, grabbing his arm and twisting it behind his back.

— What the fuck is wrong with you, Peter! —he said without letting go.

— I'm not getting a divorce and I won't give you my wife —his arm hurt, but he wasn't going to let her know.

— Don't make me laugh! Have you forgiven her for her infidelities?

— That's between me and my wife, so stay out of it!

— As you wish —she let go of his arm, pulling him back with a shove— if you want me to fight for "your wife," I'll do it.

— If I have to die for it, I don't care —he said as he stood up with wounded pride.

They left the room and Y/N noticed Peter's expression, worrying about him.

Peter smiled triumphantly towards Don, for Y/N cared about him, but he would not let his guard down.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Beautiful people reading my story: how are you? I hope you are wellI finally updated. I hope you liked it and enjoyed it as much as I did.Infinite thanks to those who comment, rate and share. I'm sorry I'm shy to answer the comments, but really those words push me to continue. I love you all very much.See you soon.