XIII

They parted when Peter received a call.

"What's going on? I'm with Y/N, hurry up!"

The call continued for a short time and there were only monosyllabic responses from him. It wasn't until he ended the call that he used other words.

"It was Daniel, my friend" the word 'friend' was shocking, Peter had never had friends, he didn't even consider her a friend even though it was the law that they saw each other at least twice a month, "he told me there are problems with the editing of a video" what did he mean by that? what videos? "I have to go, I'll be back as soon as I can," he told her before getting up, kissing her, and leaving without saying more.

Y/N watched him leave, confused again, what the hell happened? She looked around and nothing was like the apartment she shared with her husband. Yes, although it was divided to please them both, the furniture and decoration were completely different from what her eyes saw, plus the space was bigger than the current one.

In the living room, there was a white 'L' sofa, a TV cabinet with a screen, a plant in one corner, on the other side, a white shelf with two doors, and another small one next to it with two drawers.

A melody sounded from a room, apparently, it was her cell phone, which was not the one she remembered, nor brand, nor color. She took the call.

"Hello?"

"Y/N, there's no need for you to come, the cafeteria won't be open today, something happened in the kitchen."

"What is it?"

"See you tomorrow, bye."

Who the hell was the man who had contacted her, the name she had saved the number with was 'Boss', which meant that this man was her boss and that he worked in a cafeteria.

That idea made her shudder. She had the firm idea that there were no bad jobs, and all work was noble if it was done within the law; but she had studied, she had prepared herself completely to perform her job with professionalism and knowing that now she was working in a cafeteria did not please her at all.

"You're still here, honey" that voice took her by surprise, scaring her "aren't you going to work?"

"Lucy!" her name had come out more like an exclamation, although she really wanted to ask if it was Lucy.

"You know I don't like you calling me that," her voice was in annoyance, but her expression said she just disliked it.

"Why does your name bother you? My name is Y/N, isn't it!"

"What's wrong with you, honey?" A truly amused chuckle escaped her lips, "I guess last night really threw you for a loop."

What did she mean by last night? She paused for a moment to think about it when it dawned on her that Lucy was with her in that apartment that looked like hers... or theirs.

"Hey, Lu..."

"You don't need to say anything," he took out an envelope and handed it to her, "yesterday before you fell asleep, I said I had a surprise for you, so there it is, it's from a few months you covered my part of the rent."

Lucy winked at him before heading for the door and leaving, but not before adding.

"By the way honey, Don accepted the deal of you 'paying' him the rent as I've been offering it to him" his right eye closed in a playful gesture "think about it, you'll save the rent money.

Doubts were clustering in his head again, Don was his landlord, where were they living, why was he living with Lucy, what the hell had happened? She awkwardly walked to the room she had woken up in, noticing that it was a mess. There were clothes everywhere, the closet couldn't be opened because of the misplaced clothes inside. A poorly kept plant, a manual video game console a little old, and a horrible tapestry of hearts.

It was unpleasant in that room; he was disturbed by all that clutter and unmatched colors. It even changed her mood, she felt stressed, and her anger began to grow. The melody of "her cell phone" made its appearance, scaring her.

"Yes?" she didn't look at the screen, just answered it.

"Y/N! Thank God! Are you okay?"

She removed the device from her hate and looked at the screen, the contact was 'T.K.'

"T.K.?"

"Yes, it's me, are you okay, do you want me to come to your apartment?"

Y/N stammered, the words were stuck, in her mind and in her throat, she didn't know what to answer.

"I'll be there in a moment."

The call was cut off abruptly. She didn't know what was going on and the doubts were beginning to overwhelm her again, so much so that she feared she would have an anxiety attack.

She took a seat on the sofa in the living room and tried to calm herself, she started by controlling her breathing, inhaling and exhaling with marked pauses, closed her eyes, and began to perform mathematical operations. That calmed her physical state, then she searched her memories for something that would calm her emotional state, would bring her to her happy place.

The front door being banged on made her jump with fright. Fortunately, she was feeling better. She opened the door and on the other side was T.K., who when they saw her, rushed to embrace her.

There was an abysmal difference between T.K.'s embrace and Peter's, T.K.'s was warm, almost as if it restored her soul, as if it had a power that healed her. They parted and without warning, they grabbed her face and gave her a tender kiss on the lips.   

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

New part, thanks a lot for everyone

I love you so much.