Story Thirty-Three: The Fae Prince (Claxton Spin-off Story)

Song: "Let You Down" - Tin Star Orphans

Genre (s) Fantasy/New Adult

Written When? Junior Year of College

Day 1

Chapter 1

Grove Station Farms

(A week since returning from Nova Scotia, Canada)

        "Hurricane Clover has devastated Charleston, South Carolina. So far, there have been one hundred reported deaths, and many more are still missing. Residents are urged to not return."

Ugh. Nineteen-year-old Tracey Freeburg hated Air Traffic News in the morning. Since the hurricane, he had been stuck in Greenville, South Carolina with Makenna Delling for three weeks. Every week was the same. Tracey would get up each morning, go for a flight, or swim around the county. He would then return to Makenna's aunt's house to sleep at night. She was looking over her, her family, and him until it was safe to return to Charleston. That week, though, was different. Makenna, her parents, aunt, and brother were visiting family up in North Carolina.

Tracey would've gone, but he already signed up to be a counselor for a five-day horse camp at Grove Station Farms. It was in Piedmont and was about a twenty-minute drive from Greenville. While out flying, Tracey normally took trips to it. He did that for two reasons: one, it helped him get his mind off his adopted parents, who were two of the many missing in Charleston, and two, he felt like there was something magical about the farm. He'd shown such skill with horses that the owner, Mrs. Connie, personally asked for his help that week.

Now, Tracey's never ridden a horse, but he gained his knowledge about them from Merlin, who used to be a horse herder before he became a wizard. He was also from a world filled with unicorns, Pegasus, and alicorns. Tracey couldn't help but feel like the farm was holding an alicorn hostage. As the crowned claxton prince of Atlantica, it was his duty to look after every magical being in the Magic World.

***

Tracey was on his way to Grove Station Farms for his first day of camp. He watched the news from a magical hologram, which was connected to both the Human and Magic Worlds. While he flew, he hoped to hear the great news that Emilee and Jesse had been found, but so far, nothing. He feared the worst had happened. He didn't want to be alone in the world, but maybe he was. His mother was dead, and he had no idea where his father was. Emilee and Jesse stayed in Charleston for the storm, but they sent Tracey to Greenville with Makenna to keep him safe.

Tracey was a very handsome young man (the thanks went to his claxton genes). He had long, black hair and golden-brown eyes. Currently, he was a merfairy. As a merfairy, his hair grew shorter. He wore a black turtleneck that looked a little like a sweater and a long, gold-trimmed vest over it. His pants were black, as well as his boots. On the backs of his boots were green and purple fins. He also wore long, arm-length gloves. His wings were large and shaped like a mash between costate shells and flower petals. The tips of the wings were purple. Whenever he flew, he left a trail of green and purple fairy dust behind.

Since it was only 7:30 in the morning, it was relatively quiet in the country. Not many people drove on Piedmont Highway. Many had gone out of town for vacation.