✖Chapter 15✖

Yejin’s POV

I'm surprised that quite a lot of students congratulated me. I'm not very friendly nor was I popular in school so it was a shock.

«We're so proud of you.» My parents said.

I smiled. «I'm so proud of myself too.» I said and we laughed.

They all stopped when Peniel appeared beside me. They left us two, maybe to talk.

«Hey...» he said.

«Hey! Congrats. » I said.

He smiled. «Yeah, congrats to us. »

I smiled back. «So... are you okay now?» I asked.

He nodded. «I didn't quite understand at first, but I realized it's for my own good too. And you said those words because you want what's best for me.»

I swallowed. «So... w-when's your flight?» I asked.

«Tomorrow... morning.»

I nodded. «Ya, there's Facebook, Skype, or Gmail! Just send me a message if you need someone to talk to.» I said trying to keep my voice happy,

But dang, it's hard. I feel relieved that he finally decided to do what's going to be better for him... but I feel really sad inside knowing I won't be able to see him for a long time.

He smiled, then he just pulled me in and hugged me. «I will miss you a lot. No... I already do. Just thinking about leaving makes me miss you. You're a big part of my life... leaving that big part is hard. But I'll be back someday... when we're old enough to make decisions by ourselves. When we're old enough to stay by each other's side. Thank you for letting me love you and for making me feel the same.» he said.

I'm just... speechless. He let me go and held both of my shoulder. I just looked at his handsome angelic face— memorizing every part of it for the last time before he leaves.

«Don't cry...» he said wiping away the tears that have fallen on my face without me knowing. «You should be happy because we've graduated now.»

But the tears won't stop. I just love him so much. And the cheesiest line that I used to hate back then, how would I live without him?

I hugged him tightly.

He left a soft kiss on my forehead before he lets me go. «See you again, Kim Yejin.»

I watched him walk away... it hurts so much that even when my parents came, I was still crying.

They all hugged me even Minwoo.

I didn't go to the students’ after party. I just want to stay in my room and never go out again. The clock is ticking and everything must have been prepared for Peniel and his family's flight. I don't want to sleep because even though he's not here with me now... I know I will completely feel his absence when I wake up tomorrow.

So this is how it really feels to have a broken heart. It hurts even more that we broke up like that. We broke up because we had to, not because we fell out of love or one of us did something bad. I think it'll be easier when you have someone or something to blame for the breakup. But right now, I have nothing to blame about ours.

It feels like it was just yesterday when I was so happy with him and in one click of fate, we just... can't be together anymore.

I fell asleep crying and over-thinking.

And the next morning when I woke up, I cried one last time. I promise I won't cry anymore after this.

But that same morning, Minwoo gave a package to me.