Surah Al-Baqarah, Aayat No 183.

بِسْــــــــــــــــــــــمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيْم

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O you who believe! fasting is prescribed for you, as it was prescribed for those before you, so that you may become Al-Muttaqun(pious)

Allah Subhanahu wa taala has said in this Aayah that "Fasting is a means of attaining Taqwa and becoming
Al-Muttaqun(pious/righteous)"

Taqwa is based on 3 things
Fear Allah
Love Allah
Hope in Allah.

Let your fear, hope and love in Allah, the most high; become the fuel of your inspiration and motivation on becoming a better muslim.

We have a purpose for our fasting. A goal to achieve. A plan to follow and abide to; in order to reach our end goal Jannatul Firdous-al-ala with aafiyat InShaAllah.

You can attain taqwa only when you hold the quality or learn to execute the quality of RESISTANCE.

You need to resist from anything that causes spiritual diseases and sins.

Taqwa is the nourishment of your own soul. The greater it's level the healthier your soul's immune system. The lesser it's level the weaker your soul's immune system.

Enhancing your soul's immune system with an elevation in Taqwa is the ultimate goal of this beautiful month of Ramadan.

Abu Hurayrah (RA) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:

“Every deed of the son of Adam will be multiplied between ten and seven hundred times. Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, said: Except fasting. It is for Me and I shall reward for it. He gives up his desires and his food for My sake.”

Muslim (1151) 

SubhanAllah! Indeeed isn't it Beautiful that Allah Subhanahu wa taala Himself will reward us for Fasting. Just imagine the reward of The Lord Of The Worlds InShaAllah. It will be the most greatest and the most unique.

Make sure it's not just a fast of the stomach but a fast of your soul. A fast that nourishes your heart with the Qur'an and the remembrance of Allah Subhanahu wa taala.

May Allah Subhanahu wa taala help us make the utmost of this blessed month.. May Allah make us amongst those who fulfill the purpose of fasting and attain Tawqa.. May Allah shower His choicest blessings on you, your family and the entire Ummah with loads of Aafiyat, Khair & Barakah in abundance.

Aameeen Ya Rabbal Aalameen.

____________________________________

~maryambintisa