Are We Friends?

Hunter P.O.V

After school I have to say that it actually wasn't that bad especially with the human there to keep it more interesting. I gave her my penstagram account so we could stay in touch so we could discuss things like school and other stuff. She asked me if I could come over to the Owl House after school so we could start grabbing ingredients, but I said that I needed to ask my uncle first. I slowly walked to the throne room to ask him, practicing how I'm going to ask him in my mind. So hopefully he has nothing planned for me to do tonight, I finally got to the entrance door. I took a deep breath and walked in. He was looking at his notes for the portal door without his mask when he looked up to see me with a small, comforting smile.

"Oh Hunter, how was your first day of school, " he slowly walked towards me.

"It was ok, but I need to ask you something, "he put his hand on me shoulder still keeping his smile.

"Of course go ahead and ask."

"I have a project I needed to do with the Human and she asked me to come over to the Owl House to plan on how to get the ingredients, "he stood there for a few seconds thinking about it but at the end he just sighed.

"You may go but don't be out for too long I don't want to send out troops to find you, "he said teasingly as I thanked him and walked out to my room to get ready to leave.

Once I got to my room for some reason I was actually thinking about what I should wear and after that I kept fiddling with my hair. I was so invested with what I was doing that I didn't notice Darius leaning on my door frame with a smirk on his face.

"Where are you off to? It must be with someone you like if you care so much about what you look like, " he teased. Suddenly I started to feel my face heat up, but why.

"One, I'm just going over to the Humans home to get ingredients for a new potion we're making, and Two why do you care, "I asked him and he just shrugged.

"Because you're 16 years old you need to socialize more and a girlfriend is actually something you need, " when he said that my face started to heat up again and even more. I guess he saw my reaction because he started to laugh.

"She's not my girlfriend she's barely my friend she's just an ally sometimes, "I don't really think she would want to be my friend, but she is someone that interests me and makes me want to do things I wouldn't usually do. Like when she convinced me that palismens are not dangerous or wild magic or when I went to visit her that night when I could have gotten caught. Is she casting secret spells on me while I'm not paying attention? But lately I've been thinking if we are friends? 

"Suuuuuuure she's not, but here's some advice if you're struggling about what to wear when meeting up with someone just wear something that makes you feel comfortable when you're around them and they will like it too, "he said before walking down the hall. Darius might not be the best person sometime, but he can give me good advice when I need it.

"Sigh." I looked back in my closet and took out what I usually wear when I'm not the "Golden Guard". After that I grabbed Flapjack opened my window and flew out to the Owl House and I know this isn't safe but I took out the my scroll and text Luz.

Hunter: Hey Human I'm on my way there. I got permission from my uncle.

Luz P.O.V

I was just sitting in the living room coming up with new glyph combos while Eda was watching on her scroll and King playing army with Francois when I suddenly got a ping from my new scroll that Eda got me. I looked at my messages and I got one from Hunter.

Hunter: Hey Human I'm on my way there. I got permission from my uncle.

Luz: Ok see you when you get here