Writing an Action Scene

Action, Sci-Fi, and Survival is clearly on the rise.

These story types can be absolutely amazing masterpieces, unless they're made poorly

Even though these story types can be some of the best ones, it can be one of the hardest styles just as much.

Even if your story genre isn't action, sci-fi, or survival, it's always good to have a good action scene or two in your story.

One great way to get some action is by involving a fight of some kind.

Now, that seems all easy, right?

Not quite.

If your character is using a weapon of some kind or even just some random object as a defense, a very important thing is to explain how they got it.

It's common to see characters have some sort of defense on them, but it's not common to hear about how they got it.

We see so much fighting involved in stories out there, even on WP, and sometimes, the character just...has a weapon, or they just summon one.

If they are summoning a weapon, that's alright, but you'll have to eventually tell how they got it and how they are able to manifest it out of thin air.

Yes, that means backstory. Not all backstory is fun to write, but if you're going to make such a dramatic thing come true, you'll have to work harder to tell how they got it.

You can either take the lazy man's side and say that they were born with the ability, or go the extra mile and say that they were subject to a secret experiment or exposed to a certain material.
Maybe it was given to them by an enemy who didn't know it would be used against them in the future?

Imagination is key to these kinds of things. All it takes is just a little bit of it, and you can bring just about any story to life.

I know I say this a lot, but it's really true.