TWO

I made my way home to an apartment on Park St. Once I stepped through the threshold to my abode my two children surrounded me in their affectionate embracement. Though I was very enervated I benignly hugged them. My wife looked at me solicitously. I realized my clothing was still intensely lacerated. I removed myself to my chambers to put on more decent garments.

When I returned I sat down at the dinner table. My wife, kids, and I grasped each other's hands, shut our eyes to pray to the Lord. "For what we are about to receive, may the Lord bless it and make us truly thankful." 

After we had completed dinner, I read my girl a story and sent her to bed

After we had completed dinner, I read my girl a story and sent her to bed. Soon after my teenage son also went to his room. I'm sure he wasn't sleeping though; he was probably scrolling through Youtube or TikTok. Wearily I trudged to my bedroom  and collapsed on the bed. I lay prostrate when a voice finally broke the satisfying silence. 

My wife spoke up. "Don't worry we'll find someone to help you." "I believe it is becoming worse, I don't know it things are real or not. I could be talking to myself right now." I replied. "Well you're not. You're talking to me. I found a psychologist today, Dr. Townsend, he specializes in psychotherapy." "Alright, I'll schedule an appointment tomorrow." I then turned out the light and slept.