New Job! New Relationship?

This story is inspired by @duckpenguin

Emma had just turned 18 and graduated high school. She isn't quite sure what she wants to do with her life yet. Before she goes job hunting, she gets a call from a casting department for a major TV network. Emma almost forgot about the audition tape that she had made for a reality TV show a couple of weeks ago. To her surprise, she is now a cast member! With nothing holding her back, she packed her bags and flew out to the house she'll be living in all summer with 6 other people.

Jake (19) and Elle (19) are two of the castmates she would work with the most. They also happen to be the first two people she meets when she finally gets to the house. With a little recording magic, Emma and Jake were in a full-blown showmance: they could be found cuddling in the common areas of the house, kissing in the confessional booth, fighting about flirting with someone else at the club, etc.

All and all the experience is great for Emma, the relationship she has with Jake is fun and exciting. Although she can't get over how Elle keeps looking at them. She looks jealous of one of us. I wonder if she has a thing for Jake.

"Babe? Are you ok, you look upset?" Jake said.

"Huh? Oh yeah...I'm fine..." Emma mumbled while staring at Elle.

Then Elle walked away. Emma and Elle hadn't talked to each other often, but Emma considered her a friend. But this just made her mad. It's girl code! You can't have a crush on the person your friend is dating! She wanted to talk to her, but she then realized that probably wasn't the best idea while she was mad.

After cooling off she went to talk to Elle. Thinking it wouldn't change anything because she wasn't as mad as she was. Emma had confronted Elle.

Word Count: 328 words