Chapter 2 "The Biggest Failure"

Gabriel's plan was cunning and well thought out, he wanted to use Lile to turn her into Volpine and then create the illusions of Ladybug and Cat Noir. It was supposed to trigger their fight, and then the win of the Ladybug. Mr Agrest wanted to sow fear in the apartments of Paris over the loss of superheroes. Then another phase of the plan begins, in which Gabriel needed me. He wanted to transform me into a Catalyst, i.e. a villain who would be able to multiply his powers. He wanted to create armies of villains to finally defeat Ladybug.

I agreed to help with his plan, but I didn't know why. One of the arguments was to make Adrien happy, who missed his mother very much. But on the other hand, I did it because I really wanted to help Gabriel, but it was incomprehensible to me at the time, he had something in him that told me to help him at all costs. I listened to that voice, not knowing that everything happened until later, it would begin.

The plans did not go our way, and when the Howk Moth was about to win, he was in a losing position, standing at the edge of the Eiffel Tower and the whole team of superheroes in front of him.

I didn't know what to do, I didn't want them to discover his identity, depriving him of his dreams. But what could I do then? I quickly decided on the most desperate plan, I knew that it would hurt me the most, but it didn't matter to me that much at the time. I remembered that Mr. Agrest had mentioned something about a miraculous peacock once. It was in his private safe.

Once, I accidentally spotted this code, but I didn't do anything about this information, but I decided to use it and get a miraculous peacock. I knew it was damaged, but that was all I could do. I quickly returned to the hideout and attached a brooch to my sweater. A small creature flew out of it, shouting happily strange things. I felt a great flow of energy in my body, this feeling was unique, and it meant that I could do anything. The little creature was introduced as Duusu, all I had to do was say the magic words to transform myself.

-Duusu, spread my feathers- I exclaimed confidently For a moment I felt a great flow of energy, but after a while, it turned into a pain in the breast insert, and my esophagus stung mercilessly. I already knew what it meant when miraculous was damaged. I didn't have time to feel pain, my employer was failing, and I had to do something quickly.

I opened my fan and plucked the feather out. I closed it in her hand and then opened it. The feather changed its color and I blew on it and it flew out of its hiding place. I was hoping it was going to Gabriel, meanwhile, I walked over to the wall and leaned against it. The pain I felt then was indescribable, and I put my hand to my heart to try to ease the suffering.

Suddenly, I felt that I was not alone, I caught contact with Gabriel. I had to be strong and overcome the pain.

-Howk Moth, I am Mayura. You stood against the wall, plagued by bottomless despair. I will help you. Let your despair turn into powerful protection, I said weakly, losing my consciousness, hoping Gabriel managed to escape.

After a few minutes I woke up, but there was nothing I could do and I was too weak. Moments later, a panicked Gabriel ran into the hideout, and began to look around hurriedly, as soon as he noticed me, he approached me with painted sadness and fear on his face.-Oh ... Nathalie did something you did- he said, his voice breaking-I had to ...- I replied weakly

He knelt beside me to put his hand around me. However, then I started coughing, I didn't stop, it choked me. In my suffering, I saw his terrified face, such as I had never seen before. He pulled me close to him, trying to ease my discomfort. I was locked in his grip. It was the first time I had experienced physical contact from Gabriel, but his touch was so caring that, having known him for several years, I couldn't have thought that he was capable of such a thing. As my cough subsided and the tears fell from my eyes, my employer picked me up and walked towards the elevator, we drove into his studio in silence punctuated by the sounds of gagging.

He took me to the living room, where he laid me down in an armchair and crouched down in front of me.

-I told you never to use miraculous peacock- he replied slightly nervous

-I had no choice today, I had to save you ...- I replied sadly when suddenly a burning but quick cough interrupted me.

-it's broken, it's too dangerous-he replied, a little softer.

-I want you to help- I said enthusiastically, forcing a smile on my face. After that, his face changed completely. He didn't look sad or nervous anymore, his face expressed joyful emotions.

-Thank you Nathalie for everything- he replied with a slight smile on his lips as he reached for my hand and closed it with his.

-Please rest again, today you have a day off-But ...- my speech was interrupted by a cough again, Gabriel reacted quickly and tightened his pressure.

-Nothing is more important now, rest is your best option now, I'll leave you here for some privacy- he said and left the room.

What I experienced then was cruel, the pain after using miraculous was unbearable, but I was glad to help Gabriel. Then I felt something strange, I felt that I could endure such suffering just to help Mr. Agrest and the price did not matter. In retrospect, now I could say that I fell in love. But it was hard, because why would Gabriel give up his dreams of getting Adrien's wife and mother back in order to be with me. The unrequited feeling hurts the most, and when I salted, I knew that I would have to hide it forever and try not to show too much affection because in my case it could be destructive.