Chapter 2

The night before the call

It's not that easy hiding a murder, or planning it out. The plan has to be written down in your head as a notebook is as much evidence as the actual weapon. Or, log into your boyfriend's Microsoft account, plan it out so it makes him look like he tried to frame me and make it secure enough so only the police and desperate hackers are able to find it. Still, not easy when your boyfriend works from home as he is in advertising and leaves the house only for the gym or the odd interview.

So, over the week I wrote down his password for his laptop, accounts and just everything ( even the number on his card) and got ready for the night. I'm very lucky he is deep sleeper, because that enabled me to take his laptop and log in with ease. Then of course it took me a couple hours to actually plan it perfectly, they take time you know, and then place it back. done. Or so I thought.

Because I either had to remember the plan off by heart or be able to log in and prepare each night which wouldn't be as comfortable. But, better idea. 'Accidentally' drop my current laptop on the floor and say it will take a while for it to be fixed by a technician, which was actually true, but then ask my very generous partner to borrow his. Which of course he did as it would make his life easier, no-one wants a mad murderer after them, do they?

So the next few weeks was a piece of cake. Simply one night when I had a lot of work to be done, I snuck out to go home and surprise my boyfriend with a knife in my hand. But not any usual one for cutting. It was a knife that was always left out on the side, his favourite, it was is mothers. It was a vintage silver with a handcrafted wooden handle with ' Annabelle' carved into it. HIs mothers' name. It was close to his heart and I hated it, it was impossible to wash and carried a ridiculous smell from the old wood. Not to mention it was blunt as well.

He never let me sharpen the blade as it would 'ruin it' but it didn't. It was sharp and polished, almost like the history behind it never existed. Then I carefully left it in it's place knowing that the knife will be leave with his fingerprints tonight, as he will be framed for the murder. Not me...