i

ˏˋ blossom ˎˊ (n)

a state or time of flowering, cultivated for its beauty; bloom and revival

• chapter one •
chaegu academy

I PULLED MY SUITCASE through the pathway of a private street that led to Chaegu academy residence area

I PULLED MY SUITCASE through the pathway of a private street that led to Chaegu academy residence area. According to the incredibly useful Google Maps downloaded on my phone, it should take less than five minutes to arrive to my new home. However, since it was only 8 o'clock in the morning, five minutes felt like forever when all I wanted - all I needed was to drop dead on a bed and have my precious beauty sleep.

I slightly turned my head to the side, busy looking for my sister, and caught her studying the cherry blossoms on each sides of the pathway. It was true that the flowers were mesmerizing; a glorious shade of pink and white that seemed to go on forever tree after tree, indicating that spring had indeed arrived.

March already looks great, I thought to myself.

"Yesterday, it was raining cats and dogs, and now look at today!" Jisoo pointed out, pleasantly suprised. She then let out a delighted sigh like everything was suddenly amazing.

"After a gloomy day comes a brighter one," I replied to her in a sing-song tone of voice.

"You and your wise words," I heard my brother mock me from behind.

Doyoung trudged behind us with a tiny refrigerator dumped on some kind of rolling plank so that he could pull it more easily. He was the one who insisted on carrying it, saying he wanted to grow some muscles, and here he was trying his hardest not to whine out of pure pride.

"Tired yet?" I teased my brother, halting for a second to wait for him.

He simply scowled at me and kept pulling the refrigerator like it was the hardest task he'd ever done.

"What a paper doll..." I whispered to myself absentmindedly. Ha. Luckily, he didn't hear my comment. Otherwise, he would have jumped on me and strangled my neck, for sure.

Jisoo snapped a few pictures of the cherry blossoms from various angles like a professional photographer would have done, still preoccupied by the pretty flowers, before dwindling her camera in front of our faces to take a selfie. Did I mention she loved photography?

"Come on! It's for the memories," She tried to convince us in a cute voice as Doyoung gave her a glare full of judgment. Jisoo immediately frowned at him and put her hands on her hips. "Oh, come on. Look a little bit happier than that, Dobby!"

"Fine," my brother groaned before forcing a big smile that had never looked more fake. "Never helping you move into dorms ever again, Junkyu. You will never convince me again."

He was the one who offered...

"Don't worry," I said, stifling a laugh. "It'll only happen once in a lifetime."